Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Noza tec satnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Noza tec satnav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Noza tec satnav Reply with quote

A while back I had a Noza tec 7" satnav .. after a dodgy start was entirely satisfied with it but after messing up settings I tried to restore it from back up but something went wrong with the process and screwed it all up ..

Now to the point

I have just bought another but am having a problem ..

If I let itself power off when I switch the engine off, it sometimes comes back up, next time I switch on, with the 'Attention' screen and hangs there (very occasionally, after a while, it will complete its startup). I then have to switch it off and on with its power button to restart it. (Switching the ignition off and then on only returns it to the hanging screen)

Any other Noza user having (or had a similar problem?)
GJH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no longer use the Nozatec I bought since I discovered that the maps/software were pirated versions.

When I was using it, however. I had a number of different, intermittent hardware problems and I have seen reports of similar problems on a motorhome forum. They seem to be caused by the cheap tablets the suppliers use, which can be unreliable because of lack of quality checking.

You could send it back for replacement but the real solution is to buy a better quality product.

Graham
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar problems with a couple of iGO based devices so it's not just Noza devices that have the problem. So to overcome it, I just switched on and off manually.
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies ..

Looks like I am stuck with it .. the original one I had didn't have this problem .. must have another go at resurecting it sometime ..
hairydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
I have had similar problems with a couple of iGO based devices so it's not just Noza devices that have the problem. So to overcome it, I just switched on and off manually.

The reason that iGo software is not readily available to end users is that it needs careful configuration to work with specific hardware.

The cheap brands such as Nozatec tend not to have that done. Whether or not the software is pirated I don't know (if it is, they're being very blatant!) but it is clearly not specially well set up for the devices. But at less than £40, that's no surprise. And that is probably true for other makes.

iGo itself is really good, solid software if configured correctly. I use is with no problems at all, and have done for several years. It is good enough for Blauplunkt to use it in their high-end kit. I bet that's set up properly!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. You're about right there. If they were 'legit' copies, they would include everything to make it work as advertised. I have done extensive UI modification on iGo 8 and have had some success on the earlier version of Primo. Primo was a bit more challenging as they changed the UI language that I had to learn. But Hey Ho. But you're right about having to be pretty good at that sort of thing to make it work properly as you want it to. But once done, it's great, especially the directional speed cams.
Very Happy
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re speed cams .. mine seems to convert to metric and then back to imperial, so 30 becomes 29, 40 - 39, etc
GJH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the iGo software is very good.
When I bought my unit they cost rather more than the current sub £40 mark. I was misled (now feel conned) because it appeared that the comparatively low price was a result of cheaper hardware.
I never thought about piracy until somebody contacted me just under a year ago and showed that the software reference number was for a version on a specific device which was nothing to do with the device I had bought.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: