Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to upload onto their device (mine is a VIA135) the latest speed camera database? This new program version has changed the way Community Content is handled and I cannot see how zip files are now accommodated. It appears only OV2 files are accepted on a singular basis without the ability to load bmp or ogg files. Assistance appreciated. Confused
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always used the TomTom OV2 version rather than the MyTomTom Zip. It just involves unzipping the zip file, then browsing to and selecting the files you want to upload via Add Community Content. Using that method I'm still able to upload them en masse.

Since initially installing the PGPSW cameras on my Via 135 when I first bought it I've always sorted the files in Type order and then selected and uploaded only the ov2 files, leaving the original bmp and ogg files in place.
Samsung Galaxy S21
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 Reply with quote

Thank you Anita, as I have, in the past uploaded the zip file all the ICON's are in place. I did use your method but found it a lengthy process but it did work. I thought, perhaps someone else more savvy with new technology than me might have come up with an easier solution. My one reservation, if a new user who wants to upload the PGPSW database how would they get the bmp/ogg files onto their device as the new program will not allow anything other than ov2 files being accepted. Smile
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading and unzipping the TomTom OV2 version does allow the bmp and ogg files to be uploaded to the device along with the ov2 files.
Samsung Galaxy S21
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Anita, I have tried and followed your instructions. However I'm still not able to upload anything other than OV2 files using the new program. My VIA135 and the associated program just will not allow it.

I'm therefore resigned to take the time consuming routine for uploading the camera database - OV2 files only.

If you are able to gain access to a VIA135 perhaps you could try for yourself and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

In the meantime thank you for your help - it is appreciated. Confused
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm not prepared to risk messing up my camera POIs by deleting all the files and uploading them again, but I see no reason why they shouldn't behave exactly the same as other POIs.

I've therefore copied one of the camera ogg files and renamed it to match one of my existing POI categories, then uploaded the ov2, bmp and ogg files successfully to my Via 135. I've run a route demo and the device showed the POI icon and gave the verbal warning.

I'm afraid I can't understand why this isn't working for you. Sad
Samsung Galaxy S21
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrelone wrote:
My VIA135 and the associated program just will not allow it.
Perhaps if you explained a bit more concisely, that would help diagnosis of the problem. Do you get an error message? Does it not list the .bmp and .ogg files? Or what?
As Anita can upload them and you can't, there must be a reason for this. Different S/W? Different button pressing by user? etc. etc.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, M8. Could it be a browser problem? Reading the instructions it seems some aspects of the installation didn't work in IE9. Maybe the same applies to later versions. I'm using Firefox.
Samsung Galaxy S21
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used My Drive to put the zip file on.
This was with a Start 25 and it worked normally! Very Happy
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 Reply with quote

Here are the details:
My Drive version is 4.1.0.2658 (April2016)
I am using Firefox (47.0 and up to date)
I have Windows 10 operarting system (up to date)
VIA 135 device - BP1403DOI395(0)(13.1) App 12.071.1370596.84(0) C2092, 12/9/2013 OS 1344689
Logging onto the TomTom website via MyDrive gives me the main screen with 2 options: Buy Maps & Services and MyDrive - Plan Route & View traffic
Click the latter it goes to a Map of London with options to the left of the screen which are:
Search
Plan Route
My Places
My Routes
Settings
I select My Places and the screen reply is
Collect & Sync your favourite places & Community POI (OV2) files
Create account or Log In
I log in and it goes to My Places with 2 options
Favourites = Add Home, Add Work or Add a New Place
POI Places = which lists all my ov2 files (speed cameras) and gives option to Import POI files
I then delete all previous ov2 files and slowly system reports "syncing was successful" but on the screen all existing ov2 files remain.
I choose to log out as getting no where.
I log in again and all my POI's (speed cams) have been deleted.
I start to load ov2 files which goes well and none are rejected, BUT if I try any other file such as a BMP it give sthe following message
"unsupported file format" you can only import ov2 files.

So there you have it. I am not a computer expert but also no fool either.

This is an interesting issue and others may have the same issues and given up. I fully accept that I may have missed a trick and done something silly.

If this cannot be resolved let us all call it a day and wait for TomTom to actually revise their programming on another update.

Wait to hear from anyone. Cheers Confused
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you're doing there. You don't need to log into the TomTom website.

To access the screen for uploading POIs, with your device connected to your computer right-click the "MyDrive Connect" icon in the system tray and then click "Manage Community Content".

The full instructions are here for the zip file method and here for the OV2 method.
Samsung Galaxy S21
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 Reply with quote

Hello Anita,

You do not say what operating system you have on your laptop or PC but since the latest upgrade by TomTom I could do as you say, right click from the "MyDriveConnect" to obtain "Manage Community Content" using the icon within the system tray and then follow the instructions you have given the link to - but not any more

This option is not available to me now. The options are:

From taskbar = TomTom My Drive Connect (takes me to the log in screen) or
Unpin from Taskbar

From Hidden icons within the taskbar and accessed via the arrow head icon =
Login to MyDriveConnect, Settings or quit

There is no difference if I use Firefox, Microsoft Edge or IE11 Confused
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 Reply with quote

I really can't understand what's going wrong for you.

As long as my VIA 135 is connected to my computer (running Windows 7) if I right-click the "MyDrive Connect" icon in the system tray my options are "View updates", "Manage community content", "Settings" and "Quit".

squirrelone wrote:
From Hidden icons within the taskbar and accessed via the arrow head icon = Login to MyDriveConnect, Settings or quit

Those are the options I get if my device isn't connected to my computer and switched on (except I get "Open MyDrive Connect" because I'm already logged in as I never log out). Confused

As you suggested I think we'll have to call it a day. I'm sorry I couldn't help.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest trying a different usb lead in case it's faulty and your PC isn't "seeing" the satnav. I assume the MyDrive Connect screen doesn't say "Not connected" under the name of your device?

But as you say you're able to upload and delete OV2 files to and from the device, and presumably you're able to install the Map Share and QuickGPSfix updates, that can't be the case.
Samsung Galaxy S21
squirrelone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: TomTom MyDrive Connect program update to 4.1.0.2658 - Solved Reply with quote

Hello Anita,

Following all the advice received you might be pleased to know that I have, at long last, resolved the issue and can upload the speed camera "zip" files. I found another dimmed out "MyDrive Connect" icon in the "hidden" icon file within the task bar (windows 10 OS) and that gave me access to the "Community Content" files all as before.

Thanks for all your help. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: