Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 1005 speed camrea update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 1005 speed camrea update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ant500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: tomtom 1005 speed camrea update Reply with quote

I have used this data base before with no issues with my tomtom 1005. This was a while ago However I logged in and bought the subscription. However I now realise you can not use it with my Drive connect or can you????????.

Does anyone Know how to update the 1005 with the latest camera database using My Drive connect
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How i do it is by downloading and extracting the database to a new folder on my desktop then launch my drive connect. There is usually a pop up that appears from the tomtom appwhen you connect your unit which has a button in it saying "manage community content" click on this and then manage community poi's. browse to where the folder is and select all, they load into the box and then click install. works for me.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the approach warnings?
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as LesP2008 suggests and yes you do get approach warnings spoken including camera type and speed limit.
ant500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesP2008 wrote:
How i do it is by downloading and extracting the database to a new folder on my desktop then launch my drive connect. There is usually a pop up that appears from the tomtom appwhen you connect your unit which has a button in it saying "manage community content" click on this and then manage community poi's. browse to where the folder is and select all, they load into the box and then click install. works for me.

when I start my drive and then connect my tomtom I get no box pop up all I get is tomtom connected on one side and I have one update on the other side which is a gps quick fix update

I cant see an app pop up saying manage community content at all so any ideas
could it be windows 10 stopping the window popping up do you think or my looking at the wrong thing all together

could you tell me too when you say There is usually a pop up that appears from the tomtom appwhen you connect your unit which has a button in it saying "manage community content" are you talking about the my drive screen on the pc ???

the only buttons I have in my drive across the top are

TOMTOM MY DEVICE MY CONTENT MY ACCOUNT
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manage community content is NOT on the MyDriveConnect screen. You will see it when you click the tomtom desktop icon in the notification area of the computer next to the clock. Make sure MyDriveConnect is running and the device is connected to the computer.
ant500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Manage community content is NOT on the MyDriveConnect screen. You will see it when you click the tomtom desktop icon in the notification area of the computer next to the clock. Make sure MyDriveConnect is running and the device is connected to the computer.

thank you your a star pity that was not said at the beginning of the thread

but thanks again working fine now thanks
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

humble apologies i thought you may have had some idea of how my connect works, but what do i know

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: