Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mazda 3 2014 model
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mazda 3 2014 model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza_407
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda 3 2014 model Reply with quote

Has anybody had any success with this please (loading the PGPSW camera database on a Mazda 3 2014) ?

The system uses Navteq maps (now Here.com). The supplied SD card is updated via the Mazda Toobox as noted above. My vehicle was supplied with out of date maps, so these have been updated via the toolbox.

Updates are provided every 6 months, but the supplied (included) info on camera locations etc. is woefully out of date (well over 6+ months), and does not appear to hold mobile locations.

The SD card seems to hold 2 folders of interest: Speadcam: that holds 2 UK files, UnitedKingdom.spc (71 kb) and UnitedKingdom.spc.sgn (1 kb)

Poi: that holds 2 UK files, UnitedKingdom.poi (40,659 kb) and UnitedKingdom.poi.sgn (40 kb)
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make any progress with this?
ROBCALLY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody have any luck on sorting out this problem.
Regards
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but just wondering if anyone can shed new light onto this as I have just bought an Abarth 124 Spider which has basically the same Sat Nav as the Mazda and I want to put the PGPSW database on it.
As gazza above mentioned, there's an 'sgn' file and a 'poi' file in the car's 'speedcam' files on the Navigation sd card.

Someone on a Mazda forum mentioned putting the "iGO Myway files" onto the sd card, but could anyone who's more of an expert than me please give some step by step instructions as I'd love to use my lifetime pgpsw database on my new car.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Jon
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iGO speedcam files are just text files that iGO converts into its own format. If the navi software is not iGO, it may work but I wouldn't hold my breath.
If you are subscribed, download the iGO file and give it a try.
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply.
I'll investigate it further.
ROBCALLY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scazman,

Try this link and let me know how you get on.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html

Regards,

Robcally.
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robcally.
Sorry for the delay in replying here.
It was your post on the Mazda cx3 forum that made me join that forum just to PM you, but it seems that I can't PM someone without posting more, so I'm glad you're on here, too....
I will trawl through the thread, but did you have any luck in the end with adding the database as the thread is 235 pages long...!?
The replies on the Mazda forum from someone about the iGO files didn't make sense to me, either....
If you have sorted the problem, then I'd love to know a SIMPLE way to add the database...
Cheers,
Jon
ROBCALLY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scazman,

Sorry mate still not sorted the problem.

Regards,

Robcally
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robcally.
Thanks for letting me know anyway...I must admit that I haven't gone through all the posts in the link you kindly gave me - It started getting above my level of expertise very quickly...!
There must be some expert out there who's done it with their Mazda / Fiat....?
In the meantime, I am using my subscription for the 'cameralert' app on my phone to run alongside the sat nav- http://www.cameralert.com/
Cheers,
Jon
ROBCALLY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon.

I had the same problem as well I was hoping someone would come up with a solution I could understand and I also run Cameralert as well,

But to be honest the latest update on the car does seem not to bad at the moment.

Regards,
Robcally.
vulcanben
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Mazda mzd AIO Reply with quote

ROBCALLY wrote:
Hi Scazman,

Try this link and let me know how you get on.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html

Regards,

Robcally.

I have used the mazda3revolution AIO "All In one" tweak to allow me to add the pocketgps database to my 2014 Mazda 3 and it works.
First can I warn that some aspects of the AIO are dangerous and have ended up turning the CMU "coms management unit" into a brick. So at your own risk.
Having said that, the AIO problems only seem come from trying to install "Android Auto" so I can only recommend using it for the "speedcam" option.

The forum has grow to so many pages it is hard to follow, most of those pages are about the other tweaks included in AIO. Most of the problems come from the various firmware versions installed in the CMU with different American, European and Japanese versions. There are also numerous upgades to each area. but if you down load and unzip the AIO (I used versions 1.5 and 1.51 but have not tried version 2.*) and read the FAQs and instructions it is all laid out there.

I have a reasonable understanding of the process and would be happy to explain any of the steps anyone needs help with.

scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vulcanben.
Many thanks for replying to this topic.
I will check the link out again, as I must admit it got waaaay beyond my knowledge and understanding very quickly..!
I will investigate the differences between the Mazda 3 system and the Fiat system (Mazda MX5 system) on my car to make sure I don't 'brick' it....
Thanks again.
Jon
vulcanben
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scazman"]Hi vulcanben.
Many thanks for replying to this topic.
I will check the link out again, as I must admit it got waaaay beyond my knowledge and understanding very quickly..!
I will investigate the differences between the Mazda 3 system and the Fiat system (Mazda MX5 system) on my car to make sure I don't 'brick' it....
Thanks again.
Jon[/quote]

I have no knowledge of Fiat or come to that the MX5 but if you go to the system setting page and look for the firmware version, mine is 56.00.513C-EU, you may have an old version starting with number less than 33.xx.xxx. In which case you have to update it. There is a clear warning:-

Only use with v55 or later DO NOT USE with V30/31/33 OR THE SYSTEM TO STAY AT MAZDA BOOT LOGO!!!!!

Updating is very simple but be careful to use the correct area, as the factory settings for Japan will stop the Radio working in Europe and the American version does not allow the WiFi connection ect.

AIO runs on your home computer and produces a set of files, depending on your selection of which tweaks you want to install (or remove), it will load them onto a USB, Plug that into your car and switch on the ignition - wait - after a minuet or two it will check your firmware version to insure the tweaks will work on your CMU and you can install them.

Going back to the selection of the speedcam tweak, AIO will ask which Speed Camera DataBase you want to install and give you a list or to add your own, this seemed to cause me the most problem, in the end I selected one of the existing offerings and after that had been installed in the car, I brought the Sat Nav SD card back into the house and I swapped the wrong file for our PocketGPS one, By the way I used the iGO file as the car needs a txt file. Again I can explain that further if/when you get that far.[code][/code]
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great info...
I will investigate it further.
Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: