Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera data base/sounds TT go 6000 from PGPS ANY HOPE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera data base/sounds TT go 6000 from PGPS ANY HOPE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Speed camera data base/sounds TT go 6000 from PGPS ANY HOPE Reply with quote

Any Idea if how or when I can get the excellent speed camera data base and sounds from PGPS on my TT GO 6000. Basically apart from now at last being able to get the PGPS POI downloaded from the site the rest of the options are un usable. Thats not in anyway shape or form the fault of PGPS but it is TomToms. Where as the PGPS always seemed to pick up cameras that were newly put in place or recently removed TomTom seem to be behind the curve. An example of this in my area is the A14 around Kettering Northants. My 6000 was still saying average speed cameras in place long after they had been removed when the road widening had been completed. Also when the average cameras had first been put in place they hadn't been picked up for quite some time either.

So I and I'm sure others are desperate to get the downloads from PGPS. Is there any work around by you clever lot on here that can enable that because Ive learnt to my cost not to put my faith in TomTom regarding third party POI.

regards Kelv Question
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got fed up with all the false promises that this lot made about custom POI's so I sold it and have bought a Garmin 2699. Whilst the Garmins' navigation isn't brilliant (keeps on sending me down narrow lanes just in order to save .1 of a mile), and many of the speed limits shown for certain stretches of road are massively out of date, at least it reminds me, with the installation of PGPSW camera database, that I need to be careful.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most people nowadays also have a smartphone of some sort, a brilliant solution is to get CamerAlert on iPhone or Android.

And yes, TT cameras are pathetic - I've just driven the M4 west of J13 and the constant bleeps for overspeed from their average speed database are driving me nuts. Yes, the A14 was just the same too.

They take ages to eventually get "new" cameras and ages to get rid of them.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the answer to the OP's first questions are: 'You can't' and 'probably never, in the manner that you want them to'
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Speed camera data base/sounds TT go 6000 from PGPS ANY H Reply with quote

kelvinpaul wrote:

So I and I'm sure others are desperate to get the downloads from PGPS. Is there any work around by you clever lot on here that can enable that because Ive learnt to my cost not to put my faith in TomTom regarding third party POI.

regards Kelv Question

Kelv

When you say that you have managed to install the POIs onto a 6000, may I ask you a couple of questions?

When you installed them, do they actually show on the route display in anyway? There have been a number of comments on the forum stating that you can navigate to them, but that's no use. However, if at least they appear as an icon on the screen then at least they are visible if not audible. I currently have a 1005 which is fading slowly and will not last forever. I also use a Nexus 7 tablet with PGPSW app on which gives me an audible warning, so could be used in conjunction with a new 6000 series device. The Nexus of course doesn't display any mapping when out of wifi range, but the combination of a new TT and Android would resolve the current situation of not having any audible notification but a visible icon on the TT.

I was speaking to a very helpful Australian girl with TT this morning and she was aware of the sound notification issue in the new TTs but indicated that the technicians were aware of lost or delayed sales due to this feature not being available. She did say that they are working on it at the moment, but of course that could just be a sales pitch. I really do hope that they release a patch soon so that I can upgrade my device and save some money at the same time by not having to pay for maps and live services.

Any info would be useful

Alan
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect sales pitch.

TT used to import ov2 and ogg files with great success so they know exactly how to do it. I still maintain they must have an active deal with their camera supplier that needs to expire before then can do anything.

I do hope the statement that they know they are losing sales will prompt some future action.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say about the poi desplaying in navigation as l have only nilavigated to a particular poi. Presuming you can set various poi to display as my old faithful tt 920 but lm not sure at the moment with 6000. Surely you can cus its allegedly top of the tt pile. There again it depends what type of pile. The download of custom poi is or was soooooo slowwwwww because each individual poi had to be downloaded from the file l had downloaded the PGPS POI into where as before it could be done wholesale once unzipped. All in all a very disapointing device and the way tt launched it. Despite the apparent favourable reports on variouse web sites the 6000 is lacking in many aspects. Now saying that features that should have been on and improvements are gradualy being added but as l said even though there is a costom POI its useless as far as cameras are conserned. If you havent bought one yet make sure you know its frailities. Improvements are a test of the owners patience. PS and the memorey gets filled up so l have had to load a different map just to gain spacem putting in a memorey card is a bloody waste of time because of operating issues it causes. Hope my responce is of use. JUST TO CAUSE MORE CONFUSION. I like it but l expected so much more from it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: