Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi, Garmin SatNav poor customer service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi, Garmin SatNav poor customer service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebakewell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Aldi, Garmin SatNav poor customer service Reply with quote

I purchased a Garmin SatNav from Aldi last October and it has recently developed a fault. I returned it to the store where I purchased it from and I was told to return it to Garmin for repair or I could have a refund. I asked for a refund and when they scanned it on the till it came up at £49.99, not the £89.99 I paid for it. I was told that they could only refund what was on the till. I emailed Aldi Customer Service and they told me that as it was not one of their products but a branded name I would have to send it back to Garmin.

So be aware when buying expensive products at a bargain price it may not be a bargain, I will not be using them again for a purchase like this.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Aldi/Lidl?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK a retailer can't insist you return it to the manufacturer. Your contract is with the seller and it is they who are legally bound to handle any warranty claim.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should write to Aldi again and quote the sale of goods act (as amended) which states that an item should be considered faulty at time of purchase if a fault develops within 6 months. After 6 months it is the retailer's responsibility, the Garmin guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights. It should also be noted that if it goes wrong after the manufacturer guarantee, you may still be covered under said rights as goods must be expected to last a "reasonable" amount of time. Should the fault not be down to wear and tear, you are entitled to a free repair,(reasonable could be 2- 3 years for a satnav unit, longer for a washing machine/ tv etc).

Mark
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on advice, some store managers try to fob people off to look better at head office but you could make him look silly at head office.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: