Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Renault Carminat cannot pronounce road/street names anymore.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Renault Carminat cannot pronounce road/street names anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICHAPMAN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Renault Carminat cannot pronounce road/street names anymore. Reply with quote

Hello,

At the weekend I purchase the "Europe" map for my Renault Scenic Carminat, replacing the UK and Ireland map, ready for a trip to France. In doing this it was necessary to transfer the system to a larger SanDisk SD card that I purchased from Tesco.

Everything appears to be working fine with regards to navigation and maps - but I have a problem now with the vocal directions.

The basic "at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the B1234" type vocal instructions are fine. However, any road/street names are now pronounced as completely non-understandable gibberish. I'm talking about road/street names that I know before changing to the Europe map/new SD card were pronounced correctly in an understandable manner.

Anyone know what has gone wrong please/have any suggestions?.

Thank you

Iain.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at your voice settings. Have you by some mischance changed anything? e.g Read aloud street names, Read aloud foreign street names?

Try changing to a different voice and see if it remains bad.

How did you transfer from the old card? Sometimes copying may not copy everything (copy to computer THEN copy to new card). Using Windows Explorer, not TT Home.

How fast is the new card? Class 6 or better is wisest,.

Compare contents of old card and new card - different voice files?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: