Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameralert with OsmAnd+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameralert with OsmAnd+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAA_0818232231
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Cameralert with OsmAnd+ Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to use Cameralert with OsmAnd+ on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" tablet. I am using the maps from OsmAnd+ to show my position and route with Cameralert running for speed camera warnings with it's map turned off.

I have the following queries:

1. When Cameralert runs on it's own there is a speed camera symbol at the top of the screen. If I set Cameralert in advanced settings to: "On start Up also run" to OsmAnd+, then when selecting Cameralert it opens OsmAnd+ as it should, but:

(a) the speed camera symbol for Cameralert is not showing at the top of the screen. On the Samsung Galaxy Tab S task manager it shows OsmAnd+ with Cameralert below as a combined symbol.

So is Cameralert running correctly?

(b) if I now try and exit OsmAnd+ from it's menu and select "exit", OsmAnd+ is then restarted. You cannot exit OsmAnd+, and the only way I have found to close OsmAnd+ is to close it in the Samsung Galaxy Tab S task manager.

Or have I missed and setting got got some thing wrong?

In addition does Cameralert allow it's self to run in multi screen on as Samsung Galaxy Tab S ? If so, this maybe a way of seeing both apps running at the same time on my tablet. Currenly I can only get OsmAnd+ to the mulit screen menu.

Can anyone help or have any ideas how to solve?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tony.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the same tablet as you but I have just experimented as you suggested on my Motorola phone.

With CamerAlert set to *Maps - Never* and *On Startup Also Run - OsmAnd+ * CamerAlert starts s it should in the background with just a list view of the nearby cameras and a location arrow. In the top left hand corner is the Current Speed and in the top right hand corner is the PgpsW *globe* which turns from red to blue as a GPS signal is acquired.
I cant seem to replicate the Speed Camera symbol you mention either in Background, Foreground, Maps or No Maps.

OsmAnd+ automatically starts in the foreground and I am presented with the StartUp menu with four choices, I choose *Map*.
This takes me to the OsmAnd+ maps and the view shown is dependent upon your *Configure Screen* settings.

If I drag down from the top bar on the phone to show which apps are running both CamerAlert and OsmAnd+ are shown a separate entries on their own rows.

I am able to close OsmAnd+ by either clicking twice on the phones *back* arrow or by tapping the OsmAnd menu icon (bottom left) and selecting *exit*.

I can confirm that OsmAnd has fully closed down by checking the list of apps currently running.

No restart of the device required.

It must be said that I think my versions of OS and apps is pretty old as I tend not to upgrade once something works as I expect it to.
OSm v1.5.2, CamerAlert v1.3.10.765 and Android v4.0.4.

I hope this helps, I can try again tomorrow on my Nexus7 if you would like but I think it would be better if somebody with the same setup as yourself could post back.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
CAA_0818232231
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AliOnHols,

Very many thanks for your efforts today, most useful. I think you are correct that as phones and tables all operate slightly differently, so that if somebody with the same setup as, or at least the same device it would be very helpful.

If you do not mind running this on your Nexus7 it might through up some clues on how to sort.

Many thanks again,

Tony.
CAA_0818232231
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have done some playing around and cannot get Cameralert into multi window on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet.

I have come up with a solution which seems to work and will test it fully over the next week.

What I have done is to install the app "MW-Pen Enabler" Pro version (the free version did not work for me. This app adds apps to you multi window without rooting to your device. Which makes things simpler.

I believe Cameralert is not set to run as a multi window app within it's coding and that is why it will not run in the tablet multi window.

By using "MW-Pen Enabler" Pro I have been able to add both Cameralert and OsmAnd+ to the multi window on my tablet and run them alongside each other on the screen. It seems to work a treat at home. I will take it out on the road over the next week.

I have currently set Cameralert not to show maps as I use the OsmAnd+ map alongside in the multi window.

I would post a photo of it on my tablet, but I do not know how to do this on this forum.

I hope this helps others and I will let you know how I get on.

Tony.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't post photos directly. You have to stick them somewhere else (dropbox???) and post a link to them.
CAA_0818232231
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip re photos.

This is a link to the photo to see both apps working in multi window, see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xrnqc2vp7sm7cc/IMG_2528.jpg?dl=0[/url]
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted. I tried my Nexus7 this morning and it behaves the same as my phone, so nothing different to report.

Thanks for the MultiWindow tip, it looks good.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: