Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SKODA AMUNDSEN SATNAV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SKODA AMUNDSEN SATNAV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rinklyrocker wrote:
If better for you feel free to email me at dontspamme@gmail.com

rinklyrocker wrote:
On the removing my email identity I thought I had. I opted out of “Always show my email address” and also “Notify on new private Message by Email. The only reference left as far as I know is the required entry in my profile and registration. I can’t think where else to look.

rinklyrocker
Smile Smile
It was your post above that was being referred to!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Last edited by JockTamsonsBairn on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
rinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Jock
As you possibly know I am new to this. Never thought about looking at that message. I found it selected edit highlighted and deleted the line. I haven't managed to find the message again to check if its still visible.
Thanks again
rinklyrocker.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Jock. Perhaps you would edit his email address out of your post now. Smile

@wrinklyrocker. It was on page 1 of this thread. Scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click on the page number 1
rinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Columbus POI speed cams Reply with quote

Davehwt

Just to say I have finally managed to get the speed cameras working.
1 am most grateful to you, dales and others for the help.

Update. I have the UK cameras in place but on my first trial run I notice that I have no alerts. Where did I go wrong?

rinklyrocker
clivegrounds
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Columbus v Amundsen Reply with quote

Hi All
Looking at the specification for these 2 units I note that the Columbus unit stores the map data in internal memory and the Amundsen unit uses the data from the SD card.
Has anyone managed to get the PGPSW data onto the Amundsen unit?
NJMarsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Fantastic Instructions Reply with quote

Many many thanks to DavehwT for his amazing walkthrough for the Columbus Satnav!!

Very exasperating to not have speed cameras on the satnav and a real pain when you are driving somewhere unfamiliar - that's when you get caught out trying to find your way round with every changing speed limits.

Anyway I followed the instructions to the letter and now I have it all set up first go!!

I wouldn't bother installing the zoned cameras as you can only have about 10 POIs on at one time...

All in all very pleased Very Happy
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this now worthy of an entry in the Compatibility & Installation table?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
rinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJMarsh

Hi, Like you Davehwt instructed me through the process of loading speed cams on the Columbus Sat Nav. This was in mid November last year and I reported back that I had not any camera alerts. Your success gives me hope that I have missed out a process. Can you please advise

rinklyrocker
gwm97e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: amundsen query Reply with quote

so I've tried my best to follow these instructions, created a gpx file, uploaded it the the VW site, downloaded and unzipped the results, and copied the PersonalPOI folder and metainfox.txt onto the SD card that holds my maps, but I can't see any additional POI's or POI categories on the Amundsen, what am I missing ?

The car is MY13, Amundsen, Hardware revision 039, software 0171 and the maps were updated in January
944newboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tips guys, logged on tonight looking for a way to add Speed cameras to my new Skoda, found this site signed up and an hour later I have full EU Speed cameras loaded ready for my Holidays

Many thanks
SteveBess
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Mine is a Columbus and MY15. i can create the Db3 file but when I take this to the car it doesn't see it and seems to be looking for Vcards ?
I'm sure i'm probably doing something wrong but any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
cc0481
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: SD Card Error Reply with quote

I carried out all the instructions kindly stated by DavewhT and received the .db3 file from VW.

When I try to load into the Amundsen+ I get 'SD Card: Error'

My menu structure in my Amundsen+ is also not the same as Dave listed and I don't have Personal POI ghosted or otherwise.

HELP !

Colin C
burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a new Octavia 3 equipped with the Amundsen and read this thread. Great discussion and instructions but having gone through all the downloads, uploads and copying, and after much deliberation, I've decided that the easiest option is to fire up Cameralert on my phone and use the option in advanced settings to set audio output to bluetooth. The phone is normally connected anyway. Hey presto, you have an up to date database broadcasting normal Cameralert warnings over the car speakers. OK so no visual position on the Amundesn satnav, but then if you get the warning and can't see the phone screen, you can normally see the camera, or wait for the all clear after passing.

Hope that helps someone Smile
tiddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Amundsen infortainment system 2020 Reply with quote

I have just got a Skoda Karoq SEL 1.5 dsg 2020 with AMUNDSEN Infotainment system. I've been using without any problems Pockegpsworld updates for many years.

Is it possible to put speed cameras on the above system or not. Sorry if this has been asked multiple times.
Alkemist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar question for me with Octavia Tech ( 2018, 68 plate ).

The car is new for me as is this whole topic so looking for any kind help?

Cheers...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: