Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest Android update of Sygic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Android update of Sygic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the maps onto your computer, then copy them back after the re-install. This will save a lot of time.
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I may be about to hang my head in shame Embarassed

The 22mb data would be approximate to the size of the RUPI folder containing my imported POIs. I do/did have dropbox back up enabled so that could be the answer to that issue. I do not know how often it backs up settings and data but if it does it at each start then it would explain my heavy data use.

I tried reinstalling the previous version from your file M8TJT but after the app starts it connects to Play store to download resources and at that point it fails to download.

IF I have sorted my data use issue then I can reinstall the new version and filled with hope and optimism try it again Smile
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful with backing up via Dropbox as if problem with sygic it wipes backup on Dropbox

I ended up having to turn the feature off

I think when they finally fix the bugs they still have from v12 then may look at using again, until then i'll probably use as a backup to my TT
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this thread way back in June to ask about the version of Sygic that came out then. The answers given then re-assured me so I updated to the then "new" version way back then and have had no problems with it. Since then I have not updated again and therefore I am still using version 14.3.2.

However there are new version(s) out since and I have seen a lot of very negative reviews about it in the Play Store feedback, so decided to look here to see other users views. Glad I did!!!

There is now yet another new version out as of 18 November (version no. 14.6.8). So I have a few questions please.

1 Has anybody tried the newest version yet please to see if it has cured all the problems reported here and in Play Store?

2 What versions are people using that work?

3 What is the version number for the version that M8TJT posted a link to on this thread on 3rd November, and does that version work please?

Final question please . I have a Nexus 5 and have been offered an update to the new version of Android (lollipop). Have read that there are problems with this so I am holding fire at the moment on that. Has anybody tried Sygic with Lollipop and if so does it work OK with it please?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q3. I don't have a clue. It's the link that they sent me for 'a previous version. As I hadn't updated my phone, only my tablet I didn't use it.
I might give the tablet an update to the latest to see if they have bothered to fix any of problems reported, but going by their previous total insouciance to customer requests for really logical improvements. I ain't holdin' my breath. The problem with the latest lollipop was with the TT app wasn't it?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help once again.

My reference to problems with Lollipop was in relation to a BBC article I read yesterday (just before I got the update notification). It was general rather than specific and made no mention of TT, although it did mention things like Adobe Air and some problems with calls and texts.

Can anybody else help me please?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
peterjhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I installed the update on my phone, but mainly use my Galaxy Note 10.1 as my SatNav, and have stopped auto updates as a result. Sadly, I feel this is just a short term solution, and may have to look elsewhere for my SatNav needs.

What on earth have they done!!!

I have many custom POI/RUPI files, mainly for use at work.

The actual icons display ok after update, but how can I add/create new POI's? I can't see anything.

It appears that TomTom have also ditched custom POI's, so not sure what to do as a longer term solution.

I put up with Sygics ridiculous routing, because of it's other benefits, perhaps it's time gor a change.

Do any other of the main players still allow creation, import and edit of custom POI's?

Cheers

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running old version of Sygic GPS Navigation
Replaced TomTom GO920
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you are having problems with importing custom POIs. I've imported Good Beer Guide Pubs and Breweries from CAMRA. by dragging the RUPI files to the maps folder.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Sygic not still have their .csv to .rupi converter any more then? Bit of a pain, but it did work. Shame about them removing the ability to alert for custom POIs though.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that sygic is now on vers 14.7.4
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
Finally, a working version. THOUGH it did need me to uninstall the app and delete folders, and re-download the maps (I did copy them from a backup but it did not recognise them until I had entered registration information, whcih can only be done AFTER downloading maps!) the first time of doing that it still didn't work. It now needs more permissions in Android to work than it used to. However, initial impressions are that it is faster.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
aj2052 wrote:

It would seem that's not quite correct.

I yesterday downloaded to my Moto G 2nd gen on Android 4.4.4 and got Sygic 14.7.4.

Today downloaded to my HTC Desire HD on Android 2.3.5 and got Sygic 14.3.4.
so it depends on your Android version as what you get.
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the direction to destination arrow to be reinstated.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably be waiting a long while. 14.3.4 is the one that I have got on my phone as I have deliberately not updated it because the later versions that they re-engineered are pants. I keep my nexus 10 updated and that is running 14.7.7 and it's crap.

It's about time that they re-instated ALL the stuff that they got rid of in the latest garbage such as alerts for user POI (cams).
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing about staying on an old release is not getting the updated maps.

However, on the current version 14.7.7 whilst routing from the Lake District to Worksop (indeed - my fault for going there) the lane guidance was appalling. In two instances it held on showing that I needed to be in a particular lane long after the junction. In two different instances, it told me to be in THE WRONG LANE. In one of those, where we had come off a slip road, it showed the car in the right hand lane. Just before the road again split, that suddenly jumped to the left lane. Luckily I had watched the road signs and was already in the left lane, much to the consternation of SWMBO, who was telling me "Sygic says you should be in the other lane".

I presume that the lane guidance info is down to TomTom, but how it is used is down to Sygic. So on the face of it, both are at fault.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: