Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please help me to buy the best set for my needs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me to buy the best set for my needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayhaas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Please help me to buy the best set for my needs Reply with quote

Hi All!

Many thanks for allowing me to become a member of this site.
I have been walking around with an idea which I want to execute but need some help as I am pretty clueless to GPS and its devices.

I run a guided city bicycle tours company but people have asked me over and over again if it is possible to just rent the bicycles without the guide and if I can provide them with a computer that lets them follow the route.

The thing is that with the various apps available its very easy to record the routes but I find it hard to find anything that lets me play it back for customers to use on their own.

Was looking for something simple that lets me play it back on a Samsung Tab7 device or something similar with big screens.

Is there a special device needed to play back KML files? Are there apps available that let me play back routes? Is there software available that let me do this? Would it be possible to add POI to the maps and ad stories and pics?

If none of that is available who would you recommend that could build something like that?

Of course I am willing to pay for the service should it be needed to build.

Many thanks in advance for reading and looking forward to any input.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest that you try the *RideWithGPS* app. I use it for following .gpx routes, I'm fairly certain that it does .kpl & .csv also.

They are a nice bunch and are always very helpful if you have any problems.

EDIT - If it helps, they have a YouTube video channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/ridewithgps
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Rayhaas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
I'd suggest that you try the *RideWithGPS* app. I use it for following .gpx routes, I'm fairly certain that it does .kpl & .csv also.

They are a nice bunch and are always very helpful if you have any problems.

EDIT - If it helps, they have a YouTube video channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/ridewithgps

Thanks! Really appreciated!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: