Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A really stupid question about cameras.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A really stupid question about cameras.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggie25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: A really stupid question about cameras. Reply with quote

On my old SD card with IGo8 maps little camera icons appeared on the screen, however the only time I heard a sound (not verbal) warning was on the mw where previous roadworks had reduced the speed limit to 50. The sat nav then screamed for the next 20 miles as I was driving at 65mph.

Since installing my new Sd card there has been no icons or warning of any kind. Im now wondering if the new card has not got the cameras installed although they appear in root when connected to the pc.

Does PocketGPS provide cameras for IGo8 maps. If so I would like to subscribe.

Alternatively I could try to install new maps from the P Navi website.
Is their any way of testing if the sat nav speedcam data is operating without getting a ticket. Thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A really stupid question about cameras. Reply with quote

maggie25 wrote:
Does PocketGPS provide cameras for IGo8 maps. If so I would like to subscribe.
This is getting boring. How many times are you going to ask the same question? The answer is YES. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Alternatively I could try to install new maps from the P Navi website.
The camera data is NOT in the maps so there is no point in getting new maps. They go in iGO/content/speedcam.
Quote:
Is their any way of testing if the sat nav speedcam data is operating without getting a ticket.
The cams are always visible on the map, and if you are going in the right direction to get caught, you will be warned about them whether or not you are speeding. Although you can simulate a route past a camera, you will not get a warning for it.
Please keep you questions in the same thread. It is becoming difficult to keep up with you.
If you promise to keep in just this thread, I'll tell you all you need to know.

The PGPSW is by far the most comprehensive and up to date camera database for the UK and has the direction data that others do not. Well worth the £20, and if you are the first to accurately report a new camera, you get a year's free subs. Very Happy
Quote:
warning was on the mw where previous roadworks had reduced the speed limit to 50. The sat nav then screamed for the next 20 miles as I was driving at 65mph.
The implementation of average speed cameras is rubbish. To cancel the warning, tap and hold the speedcam alert icon.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a PM maggie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: