Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Redflex HADECS speed cameras now live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Redflex HADECS speed cameras now live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your post is an extremely offensive reply to a non offensive reply to a posting that did not even involve an input from you. You were right there. There is absolutely no need for a personal attack such as that.
Oh and by the way, I completely agree with what JaTe said in his reply to OEC. In case you hadn't already gathered that.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
JaTe wrote:
OEC wrote:

Why are there not more questions from those who implicitly support devices that lessen the quality of life for lots of generally law abiding citizens?

I am sorry but I don't see where these cameras lessen the quality of life of generally law abiding citizens. Please correct me if I have got it wrong but my reading of your comment suggests you mean that those generally law abiding people should be allowed leeway to break the law on the motorway for some reason? Otherwise if they are driving normally and within limits where do these cameras impact on their quality of life?

In years gone by there were far more dedicated Motorway Police Units than there are today doing in part what the cameras do today but with more danger involved when it came to making the "hard shoulder stop". With the loss of the MPU's due to government requirements for forces to save money, the standard of driving has fallen in my opinion and the occurrences of excess speed is easy to witness.

Any camera that can reduce the likelihood of an accident and personal injury where speed is a factor is therefore fine with me. When you have attended such incidents and had to deal with the aftermath I think it's a no-brainer. What's the saying - Read the book, seen the film, got the tee-shirt or been there, done that - I'll say no more except that they are there for a reason.

I'm sorry if this offends, but I think you're nothing more than a self righteous prat.

Don't tell me that you're one of these ignorant one's who'll do considerably below the speed limit, "Just in case" there's a plod with a speed gun around, never mind how many other people who your actions you cause disruption to.

People like you make me sick.

What makes me sick are those folks (perhaps yourself?) who believe speeding is a right and OK ... like JaTe I've attending accidents where speed was a factor and it's not particularly pleasant telling parents that their 28 year old son is not coming home as he took a bend too fast and is now dead or the wife of someone who died minding his own business but was wiped out by someone else speeding.

In any case what makes you think JaTe drives 'considerably below the limit'?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's stop this before it goes any further. Wazza_G you're entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean you can be insulting. If you can't be civil then don't post.

To everyone else, please let's not have this descend into a shouting match. Keep it polite or I'll close the thread.
b16phil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: m25 cameras Reply with quote

These cameras are nothing but a pain in the ass.They will cause an accident.When they flash distracting the oncoming traffic early in the morning.I drive past these cameras everday.And at 4am in the morning they go off like strobe light.They are menace and if I'm ever unfortunate to have an accident as a cause of these bloody things I will sue this government right up their asses.Typical government.Just another way of scamming us for more money.Jeremy Clarkson had the right idea.Blow the things up

THERE BETTER

Last edited by b16phil on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. We tend to moderate our own language on this site. Getting around the auto sensor by splitting the word up is just juvenile. This is not Twitbook.
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is that the speed limits on motorways are far too low (meaning when no variable limit is in force 70mph is totally outdated). As such silly and unnecessary enforcement of an inappropriate (and totally arbitrary) speed limit increases, more people will start to question the basis for this new surge of petty authoritarianism.

If motorway NSL was 90 -100 mph (a better 'guess' for a reasonable speed limit - I can't see any need for an upper limit myself) I don't think think there would be a problem with these new toys....

We should not blindly accept the doctrine that 'speed kills' and the limit is there for reason without examining this more carefully. There has to be proof that allowing faster progress (which clearly the majority of road users desire) would be unacceptable (to the majority - not to mentalist pressure groups like 'BRAKE').

I think tinkering with enforcement like this could be a can of worms for the HA / Gov't.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: