Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI CSV files for Autoroute 2013
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI CSV files for Autoroute 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveJay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: POI CSV files for Autoroute 2013 Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have searched this site and the internet for an answer but can find no information at all.
I was recently sent an Autoroute 2013 map file which had some push pin files with a great deal of information on them but try as I might I cannot produce anything similar.
What I want is a file for logging the Camp Sites and wild camping spots we stop at in our Motorhome and record: Longitude,Latitude,Name,Type,Cost,Electric,WiFi,Description,URL.
I have produced a CSV file with these headings but when I import the file all I get in the information pop-up balloon is the Name as the first line then Latitude,Longitude below that whereas the poi's I was given had:
the Name
then lat,Long
then a blank line then:
Type: Site
Cost: 6.26
WIFI: Yes
Description: Pretty campsite.
Related Blog Post: http://www.xxx.com.html

So I know it is possible but what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
Regards,
SteveJay Sad
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/autoroute/tips-and-tricks.aspx

Import data into AutoRoute using a GPX file

GPX is an industry-standard file format for recording navigation data. You can import GPX data that was created on any Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation device or website that supports the GPX file format.

On the Data menu, click Import GPX file.
Select the GPX file you want to import, and then click Open.

Notes

Importing GPX data is a way to get trip information that you recorded on your GPS navigation device into AutoRoute.
Territory information is not imported.
You can use the Import Data Wizard to import many other types of data into AutoRoute.

SteveJay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply IanS100 but the Tips & Tricks had no info and the GPX file is too much of a fixed format, have been both routes already and getting more and more frustrated.
BUT: just found by right clicking on the imported POI file and choosing Properties there is a Tab called Balloon which brings up a list of all fields in the CSV file so just select the required ones and they all display exactly as I wanted. So very flexible allowing a number of formats depending upon the type of POI.
Very Happy now.
Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: