Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Possible bug?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Possible bug? Reply with quote

Noticed two possible bugs on the android version

1) when exit app, it always reports 'starting listening service' - if you are exiting the app shouldn't it report 'stopping listening service'

2) this might be due to a spec's camera not being removed on the database (just marked it for removal) but driving southbound on M1 around J39 you start getting a maximum 50 speed warning - this stays in effect until I come of the motorway around J37 but may actually go on for further, yet all the other specs cameras from between J39-J37 have already been removed - very annoying when driving at 70mph for it to keep flashing up.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point 1.

I keep getting that as as well, along with the CA icon in the notification bar

I think I may have read previously that this is a known glitch and a fix is being sorted.
Or it could have been something else I'm thinking about Smile
Anyway, I have it as well.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Possible bug? Reply with quote

walkerx wrote:
2) this might be due to a spec's camera not being removed on the database (just marked it for removal) but driving southbound on M1 around J39 you start getting a maximum 50 speed warning - this stays in effect until I come of the motorway around J37 but may actually go on for further, yet all the other specs cameras from between J39-J37 have already been removed - very annoying when driving at 70mph for it to keep flashing up.

I'll try locate it on the map and see which one you mean.

You can always tap on the speed or average speed to start or stop the averaging. So if it happens again simply tap the average speed and you won't get the warning again.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it - one of the SPECS still to be removed. it will be gone for today's release as there are a few more remove requests for it.

MaFt
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to answer the first point: We have added an insane amount of code to prevent that message from appearing. Despite all that, the Android OS deems it appropriate to restart the CamerAlert Location service when the user (ie you) exits the CamerAlert application. Honestly I am at my wits' end, and since the message is mostly benign (the service notices that the application is missing, and terminates itself again) I would just ask you to ignore the message. I know, not optimal. But there's hope that future OS versions will fix that.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lbendlin

Quote:
But there's hope that future OS versions will fix that.

Hope is what we must have with this bug! it been there since Gingerbread 2.3 and still here with Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Rolling Eyes Wink

Very many thanks for all you do for us all regardless. Thumbs Up

Take Care
TheQuest Cool
RogerTil
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Possible bug - 3 digit kph speeds Reply with quote

Can't find a report of this bug anywhere else, but on my Acer phone (new running Jellybean), if the speed is displayed in kph, over 100 kph it only shows 1st 2 digits of speed. i.e 100 - 109 shows as 10, 110-119 as 11 etc.

I see from the email newsletter that you are updating CA on Android, so if this bug is on other devices too could you fix it please ?

TIA Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: