Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 3598-D First impressions / Latest firmware (4.80)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 3598-D First impressions / Latest firmware (4.80)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just MacDonalds but others as well.
daveg247
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the Dashboard link sussamb will be giving that a go.

Is anyone able to help me with the Live Traffic, since getting my device I've not been able to get this working the device is up to date and the cables plugged in and I click the traffic button on the menu but no luck. Any ideas???
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd only really see the traffic working when it notifies you of a delay or incident. If you go into the settings screen from the main map screen you'll see options for volume, trip data and traffic plus others. If you tap traffic this will show on the main map screen with traffic status on the right (just under half screen) it should say no delay if it is working correctly or traffic cable not present or compatible if it isn't working. Sometimes the latter shows when you just turn the Nuvi on but will soon sort itself out

Check in the main settings that you have selected the type of and frequency of incidents you want to receive
daveg247
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers BAVC10 will give it another go when I'm out next
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Settings then arrow down to traffic. Check that compatible traffic accessory is ticked. It should show the current provider and put optimise route to on request as this will let you see the traffic works ok and then switch to automatic. I prefer on request as it sometimes picks a few odd detours
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few quiet months, Garmin have released an update to the Prestige range of Nuvi 35x7 and 35x8 (GCD File) to software version 4.00

Changes made from version 3.80 to 4.00:

Enabled the Voice Command feature for Argentina.
Improved calculation for long routes.
Improved highway shields in Norway and the United States.
Fixed several map display issues.
Fixed several route calculation and recalculation issues.
Fixed several compatibility issues with Bluetooth phones.
Fixed several audio issues.
Fixed several translation issues.
Fixed an issue that prevented Wrong-Way Driver alerts from displaying after route recalculation.
Improved software stability.

See http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5967
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 3598 Reply with quote

Sadly the version 4 software has made no improvement to my 3598 regarding the dreaded fray screen. Typically my sat nag crashes 3 to 4 time a journey which I have tolerated for the last 4 weeks. I complained to Garmin who assured me they were looking into the issue and that they would have a software fix within a few weeks as the software team were based in the US. I accepted this however version 4 has not made any improvement so alas I have today instructed them that I am looking for a full refund and I will be switching to Tom Tom reluctantly as I have been a Garmin fan but £300 for a defective Sat nav is totally unacceptable.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or get a Garmin 25x8 model ... no issues there at all Wink

My 2508 hasn't crashed once since I got it, I'm a very happy bunny Very Happy
StumpyBloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 3598 Reply with quote

That's a shame. I haven't used mine yet since updating to 4. This bug (which only occurs on mine wine when using the Smartlink app at the same time) really does render the device not fit for purpose! :O(

Colin58 wrote:
Sadly the version 4 software has made no improvement to my 3598 regarding the dreaded fray screen. Typically my sat nag crashes 3 to 4 time a journey which I have tolerated for the last 4 weeks. I complained to Garmin who assured me they were looking into the issue and that they would have a software fix within a few weeks as the software team were based in the US. I accepted this however version 4 has not made any improvement so alas I have today instructed them that I am looking for a full refund and I will be switching to Tom Tom reluctantly as I have been a Garmin fan but £300 for a defective Sat nav is totally unacceptable.
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What extra features is the smartlink app actually bringing to the 3598 model - as from what i can gather the device does not need anything else for traffic or camera updates
wibbley
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much that I can see, without having to pay for extras.

Bluetooth will only connect to one device, so mine connects to the hands free. the audio quality is too diabolical on the nuvi to use this as the hands free.
daveg247
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've tried a few different things on mine but still have'nt seen able to get the traffic working just kept telling me "the cable that is compatible with traffic is not connected to the device". I decided to contact Garmin and they suggested backing up my favourites and doing a master reset. I've now given this a go and its now telling me the cables connected, but that its searching for a signal, which on my last few journey to (Sheffield & Manchester) its still not been able to find.

Would someone be able to check their see what's listed under search providers in the traffic menu as I only have auto and am pretty sure there was a couple of providers listed before. Thanks
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely sounds like an issue with your device - do you go back way to manchester or motorway as up the m1 I'm having no problems with the unit and traffic being picked up - but even if set as auto it lists a lot of traffic providers when you go into the options
daveg247
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkerx wrote:
definitely sounds like an issue with your device - do you go back way to manchester or motorway as up the m1 I'm having no problems with the unit and traffic being picked up - but even if set as auto it lists a lot of traffic providers when you go into the options

Cheers, up the motorway, I thought it seemed strange as the tomtom always used to pick up a signal, reckon am gonna try a master reset again and not restore my back up and see what happens, if its still the same then guess its back to Garmin.
wibbley
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a duff garmin, my digital traffic worked fine straight out of the box.

The digital receiver is in the power cable, which just hangs from the unit down to the floor. The antenna which plugs into the receiver does the same, it is not stretched out along the windscreen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: