Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Grey Screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Grey Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Grey Screen Reply with quote

I am also getting the Grey Screen issue, today I have switched off the auto zoom and so far so good but we will wait and see. I have spoken to Garmin today about the grey screen issue, they tell me they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix which will be issued in the next software update, we will wait and see.

Personally I love the SatNav, my only issue has been the grey screen issue but other than that it is all good.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least they have now acknowledged it ... Wink
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Grey Screen Reply with quote

Since switching off the auto zoom I have not had another Grey Screen incident so hopefully Garmin will get a fix sorted for this eventually as the default setting the sat nag is far too zoomed out but unfortunately it defaults to this setting every time it is switched off.

Col.
Chigman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Screen Reply with quote

Colin58 wrote:
Since switching off the auto zoom I have not had another Grey Screen incident so hopefully Garmin will get a fix sorted for this eventually as the default setting the sat nag is far too zoomed out but unfortunately it defaults to this setting every time it is switched off.

Col.

Did you have smartphone link active at the time of the grey screen?
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2598 where the screen 'hangs' although I am still getting voice directions. It also keeps restarting and then continues to give me route directions.

This seems only to happen if I have the Smartphone Link enabled though it is too early to be absolutely sure.

Is this a Garmin issue or is my unit faulty?

Many thanks,

Allan
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not right, that's for sure. My 2508 doesn't do that, but it does seem like there are problems if you run the smartphone link app enabled and/or run with autozoom switched on.

Garmin appear to have acknowledged the problem and say a fix is on the way. In the meantime you could try a master reset on your unit to see if that solves the problem, particularly if you have done a software or map upgrade since buying the satnav. Instructions are here:

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B19d92df0-6f4b-11e2-65d0-000000000000%7D
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be lucky.

I've got zoom and Smartlink running and so far no issues.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: