Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My HP4150 doesn't always see my Fortuna BT Clip-On
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My HP4150 doesn't always see my Fortuna BT Clip-On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOOFLUNGDUNG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: My HP4150 doesn't always see my Fortuna BT Clip-On Reply with quote

I am using a HP4150 with my BT Clip-On and running Fugawi mapping software. When it works it works well but sometimes there is a problem with the handshake between the devices and the Ipaq reports not being able to hook up with the Clip On and reports a Handling 55 error or a Comms Port error.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the Ipaq or the Clip-On but I don't get handshake problems with my other bluetooth devices from the IPAQ (Tosh Laptop with Eagletech BT USB, Nokia 6310, Southwing Neo Voice Hands Free).

Needless to say when I try and test it, it works ok, it's when I need to use it in anger that it decides to play up.

Any suggestions/thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks Rolling Eyes
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try the iPAQ with a different BT receiver?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
HOOFLUNGDUNG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Try different BT Receiver Reply with quote

Guess I'll have to try that although I am based in Mid Wales and so it's not that easy to find one quickly. I can try finding the Fortuna using the Tosh/Eagletec set up and see how I get on with that. I'll let you know how I get on - meantime any other thoughts would be appreciated. Rolling Eyes
CheshireCat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about trying alternative software on the iPAQ to talk to the Clip-On? You could then see if the problem is associated with Fugawi's handling of the BT link or some other component of the system. Cruxview works fine with the Clip-On, despite being an Emtac product. Go to

http://www.emtac.com/support/download.asp

and select the Windows Mobile 2003 version (near the bottom of the page)

With MemoryMap, I find that the handshake sometimes gets confused and has to be fixed by a soft reset of the iPAQ.

Good luck!
HOOFLUNGDUNG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried finding the Fortuna with the 'My Bluetooth' facility on my toshiba laptop. It finds my phone and ipaq ok but doesn't see the fortuna - also the fortuna BT Blue light doesn't wink during the search process.

I don't think that I've tried to fird the Clip-On with the Tosh before so this is probably not conclusive. However, it appears that there maybe an intermittent fault on the Clip-On which stops it wanting to be found.

Also, in response to Cheshire Cat's comments - I have also tried to find the Clip On using the Bluetooth manager on the Ipaq without having the Fugawi software running. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

I also regularly try a soft reset and try again - also sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'll keep trying and see how I get on. Rolling Eyes
HOOFLUNGDUNG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Last night and this morning I have tried to hook up to the BT Clip-on with the Tosh and the IPAQ and both have succeeded and failed on different occassions.

The IPAQ reports a port handling error 55 and/or suggests that the device may not be in range/switched on. The Tosh goes thru the process but doesn't connect.

This is looking more like an intermittent fault on the Clip-On unless someone has any other ideas/suggestions.

Rolling Eyes [/u]
tone-hack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having problems with my Clip-On. I have a iPAQ4150 and sometimes lose the connection to the Clip-On. I have isolated the problem to temperature. If the GPS is warm to the touch, then it malfunctions; either by continously losing the BT connection, or the GPS cannot lock onto any sattelites. If I turn it off and let it cool, it then works fine. Charging the battery makes this happen inside my comfortable home, and merely using it in my car (on the dash) causes failure after less than an hour. I have emailed the vendor (buygpsnow.com) and am waiting to hear from them about a replacement. This could be a design flaw, though, and I am wondering if your problem is the same? Confused

Tony

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: