Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash CM help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash CM help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Ash CM help please Reply with quote

Hi all.
Been using the CM database for ages now (and have made a paypal contribution, too).
However, I recently downloaded the latest 2013 version of the CM and now when I use the POI loader and navigate it to the 'Ash's database' file on my pc, it says 'There are no data files in that folder. Please specify a folder that contains at least one file with a .csv or .gpx extension'.
I ran the poi loader for my other sat nav - nuvi 205 and removed the installed poi's then ran the poi loader again and the above message came up.
Also, I have another Garmin (3590) and this was recently returned after Garmin fixed a fault and when it came back, they had deleted all the pocketgps files on it. I have done an extensive search and can't find a simple list of instructions to tell me what files I need to put on the Garmin 3590 in order to get the database back on the device.
I obviously did it before as it worked for months, but can't for the life of me remember how I did it now.
Please help with the 'error message' above and the simple step by step instructions to get the database back on to the device.
(the file with the CM database on my PC has all the voices and .bmp files, but I have noticed that there aren't any .csv or .gpx files now on the latest download). Is there a problem with the latest CM program such that the .csv and .gpx files are not being downloaded?)
Thanks all.
Cheers,
Jon
[/b]
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ash CM help please Reply with quote

Please see HERE

Last edited by PhilHornby on Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
scazman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil.
I did see your helpful post before, but wasn't sure your solution was for the same issue.
Many thanks for replying to my post. I have used my CM backup I had together with your instructions and all seems to be OK.
Not sure if CM will update the zip file for the next update, though. Maybe I'll have to do this new procedure each time I want to update the database.
I have reverted to the earlier Ash CM version (v 3.51 beta) - does this matter?
Thanks again,
Jon
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an alternative:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91951
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
There is an alternative:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91951

It doesn't do an automated download of the camera file though... or does it? -- this is the functionality we've lost from ASH10's proggie.

I decided to give it try anyway, and generated a fairly impressive error message, which I'll post in the proper thread.

͐
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't.

We decided a manual download when you want to do it was sufficient.

I think I may be able to guess what error you got. Did you download the version in the link in the first topic in the thread or one lower down the list?

The one in the first topic is the latest.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: