Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 2340 favourites listed by number
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 2340 favourites listed by number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adiegreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 2340 favourites listed by number Reply with quote

I recently edited some favourites via poiedit in order to create sub files, for example all the offices where i work in on file in Custom poi's.

However, now when i go into favourites there are around 1000 pois listed by number. I have tried deleting the file and i have searched on line to find a cure but what seem to be the answer is that they will continue to update themselves. I have removed all custom pois (for now!) but cannot delete the 1000 favourites. I cannot delete favourites via the 'Delete All' option. I have tried deleting them one by one but that will require around 5000 keystrokes and i am not sure if as i delete they are returning to the back end when i restart.

I hope this makes sense to someone?
Thanks
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete all would normally work but I suspect you have some stray files. Ensure by connecting your GPS to your PC that you've deleted all the Poi files and all the files in the GPX folder. Now reboot your GPS and do a Delete all.
adiegreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been down of and delete all route. It deletes favourites and is clear on first reboot but on second all points are back. The pois are not even familiar. I live in small village and around a hundred points are shown. It looks like either tracking data or something along lines of last place parked
Thanks
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now confused as you have mentioned routes. Is it favourites, POIs or routes that are appearing? Favourites will not reappear if you do what I suggested. POI will be hoovered up from wherever not just the POI folder. Routes need to be deleted on the nuvi again having first deleted gpx files IF you sent them to your nuvi using a program like basecamp.
adiegreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. It's favourites. I can't use "delete all" the satnav just switches off. I'm guessing because its full. I mentioned routes as it looks like way marks but not any I have put in. But some look random. I have driven to some but although I know the area they are not anything I recognise nor is there a bank or shop or anything
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like corrupted software then. A hard reset should cure that but you've already done that. Best bet is possibly to call Garmin Customer support. There is a way to force a complete reload but it means altering files.
adiegreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your help today. Just for your info i posted a photo so you have an idea what I have been talking about.

The blue is tracking data but the road appears to have disappeared off the map.

I have amailed Garmin for assistance

regards
Adrian

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b597/adiegreen/photo_zps5e18413e.jpg
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen anything like that, will be interested in what Garmin say. The blue line is probably the trip log but why numbers are appearing I have no idea.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: