Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: Roadhawk HD Digital Driver Protection System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: Roadhawk HD Digital Driver Protection System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want data logging and GPS tracking and incident recording then you need a more intricate product.

No, it does all that too, has a map, GPS position, everything that the road hawk does, even crash detection auto record.
mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Parked Mode Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
xiiipaul wrote:
I have the HD Roadhawk wired in using the kit from the company so it records 24/7. The wiring kit switches off the unit when it measures the voltage drop to a pre defined level, thus preventing a flat battery.
In normal use the camera would last three weeks before draining the battery as it power requirement is so low.

So you could take it indoors at weekend and give it a charge = no vehicle wiring necessary ?

If that's the case I'm interested, I hate exposed wires.

He was talking about the car's battery ;)
porge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re Roadhawk HD Reply with quote

had mine for about 3 weeks

fuse in charger blew straight away, (the sent a new charger out straight away)
worked well, but then stopped "looping" on 16 or 64gb SDXC cars, and then random flashing of red an or green lights, for 2 nights, then fuse blew again.

sent it back today for investigation

must say while it worked, it caught a couple of interesting near misses with my van both on the M1!!

hope its sorted an replace/returned asap and that this is not a common problem,
PeteB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Re Roadhawk HD Reply with quote

porge wrote:

worked well, but then stopped "looping" on 16 or 64gb SDXC cars, and then random flashing of red an or green lights, for 2 nights, then fuse blew again.

must say while it worked, it caught a couple of interesting near misses with my van both on the M1!!

I had the original DC1 hard wired into my car last September, no probs so far (touching wood Wink )

Regards, PeteB
xiiipaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Re Roadhawk HD Reply with quote

porge wrote:

The switching on and off is when the card is almost full and not looping record. The temp resolution is to reformat card and all is well - why, I'm afraid I don't know- I would be interested in Roadhawksmart response!
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Re Roadhawk HD Reply with quote

xiiipaul wrote:

The switching on and off is when the card is almost full and not looping record. The temp resolution is to reformat card and all is well - why, I'm afraid I don't know- I would be interested in Roadhawksmart response!

I have a feeling its a card problem, and nothing Roadhawk can do. It has happened a couple of times on my older Roadhawk camera as well as occasional cards throwing a wobbly in my digital camera. Reformat seems to do the trick in either / both cases.

Maybe a routine reformat once a month is wise ? I tend to reformat my Digital camera card rather than erase pictures.

Could be something to do with the filing system on the card getting corrupted ?

Rgds
porge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re Card prob Reply with quote

didnt get a response from roadhawk, but they sent back a shiny new camera and new charger, so must have been a prob with camera, i am now hearing the speaker which was burbled before.

its still not looping though on 3 cards tried, just going to have to format every other day, cant be sending the unit off each week.

cheers
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing that springs to mind is that HD video does have a high bit-rate depending on the quality of image.

I have a Panasonic HD Video-cam and Pocket camera that takes hi quality HD video. Both units require cards like the Sandisk extreme pro. A lower bitrate card does not work.

That said, any card supplied by Road Hawk should be suitable for the camera.

Rgds
kevykat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ordered one of these.

but like the look of the blackvue full hd one as well. has anyone compared the 2?

also bought a hard wiring kit. i fancy having mine powered 24/7. is the best way just to connect straight to the car battery?
kevykat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so cancelled the roadhawk hd from roadhawk site. no stock for at least 2 weeks im told.

so tempted to order from elsewhere or buy the blackvue. as i said other than wifi and size is there any difference? which is better at night etc

cheers
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running a DC1 for about 3 years and I have found the system requires an SD card of class 6 or above (I use a class 10) and usually the Roadhawk will only take a card of upto 32 Mb capacity.
I download the data every week and re-format the card about every 3 months.
The only problem I've had was a card died on me but that was after about 2 years use and the inside of the windscreen was ice'd up then after not using my car for 3 days.
I've hardwired the device to the back of the cig lighter (via a fuse) and hidden the wiring behind the windscreen trim, so I start recording approx 20 secs after I start my car.
It's a good system except the resolution could be higher but I'm trying to persued myself to upgrade but I like gadgets and there's a lot out there Wink
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: