Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter1947
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version. Reply with quote

I used the TomTom Zip to install the speed camera files but the community account says there is no room to install these files,to make room delete some POI's. What is wrong? There appears to be 4 gig left on the device.Can any one shed any light on this??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already had a couple of reports of the "zip file method" not working on a "Truck" model.

I just checked and it's still working on my bog-standard Go1005, but MAYBE TomTom have dropped (or broken) this way of uploading POIs on some new models.

Can you try adding the camera files using the other method, and see if that works? (That's the one where you unzip the downloaded PGPSW data into the individual files before uploading them to the TomTom)

Instructions for that method are here and so long as you don't use Internet Explorer as your web browser, it should be a fairly quick and painless operation.

If your browser set-up doesn't let you select more than one file at once, you could still upload the files for a couple of different cameras just as a test, to see if it works at all, before slogging through uploading them all.
Peter1947
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version. Reply with quote

I tried this method (Installing after unzipping) but this resulted in the "Insufficient room" error. I am really fed up with this and I have posted this question on the TomTom website.When or if I get a reply I will post the results on this forum.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the green "bargraph" at the top shows 4GB free on the internal memory, but when you try to add ANYTHING you get the "insufficient space" message?

What form does the message take, e.g. is it a pop-up window? What's the exact wording of the text, and does it include any error number?
Peter1947
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version. Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply.I have just noticed this message at the top of the new TomTom applet:

Add community content to my device
Free space 0 MB

So,presumably the space set aside for "Community Content" is full!! I have posted with TomTom.I am hoping that this can be resolved as I have so much more to add to this device.I will let you know.
Peter1947
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Installing Speed Cameras in my TomTom Camper version. Reply with quote

Well,after much discussion with no resolution in sight I decided to purchase a memory card and see what happens.The memory crd was recognised but still did not increase the "Community Content" memory.Then I reset the device to "as works".Bingo! memory available and installed all the POI's I wanted to.Interestingly the available memory matches that of the space left on the memory card...... I have also received instructions on how to completely clear the TomTom and start again.I might have a go at that later!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: