Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 30% Upgrade Discount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

30% Upgrade Discount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
celticprince
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: 30% Upgrade Discount Reply with quote

Hi,

I just received a customer email from Navigon offering a 30% discount on any upgrade. The code is: UPGRADE2012 and is valid until the 1st November 2012.

I am considering upgrading my 70Plus to a 72Plus meaning basically that I will get FLOW software and the latest Q3 2012 mapping for £38.50 instead of £55.00.

I actually have a 92Premium but don't use it as I still consider the 70Plus to have a much better screen. TBH, just a map update for the 70Plus would suit me but that would be £55.99 (for 2-years) after the 30% discount

Any thoughts appreciated?

Cheers

celticprince
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: 30% Upgrade Discount Reply with quote

celticprince wrote:
Any thoughts appreciated?

I can't comment on your 70/72/92 models as I don't have any experience of them but the reason I went for an Android mobile was because I was fed up with having to take both my mobile and a dedicated SatNav with me when I went out in my car or motorhome. I also have a 10" Android tablet and for no extra charge I have Navigon on that too (including all extras I have bought subsequently). Android has the Flow software.
The map updates on my 4350 ran out at the end of 2011 but it is useful as a backup and a hands free and it has Michelin Red Book (latest 2012) on it.
celticprince
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Thanks for your response which is interesting.

I still haven't decided which 'route' to take (excuse the pun!) but I am pretty sure that this will be the last PND I will buy. I think the future for me will be a tablet as it seems to be the easiest way of achieving a decent sized screen with added functionality and mapping upgrades at a reasonable cost.

I am not really interested in combining a mobile with GPS (already have that function) but a tablet would be of appealing.

Cheers

celticprince
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticprince wrote:
...but a tablet would be appealing.

I bought the tablet (Sony Tablet S 16 GB) for internet/email when I was away in the 'van and although it is wi-fi only I use "wi-fi tethering" on my mobile for access to 3G (UMTS) - which is quite fast enough unless you want to play games.
It has all the usual goodies - GPS, front and back cameras, magnetometer, accelerometer, etc. If you are thinking of using Navigon on a tablet/mini i-pad then it will need a back facing camera - as per Facebook comment:
Navigon a Garmin Brand Hello Charles, the Nexus 7 has no camera at the back, which is necessary to use some features of the app. Due to (Google) Play Store guidelines we can not offer apps for devices that don't support every feature.

I have a couple of Android mobiles, the smallest is the Sony(Ericsson) Xperia Mini with a 3" screen but the voice guidance makes it OK for sat-nav use. However I normally use my Arc S with a 4.2" screen in the car/'van.
The tablet S at 9.4" (not 10") is a bit large for car use and Navigon switches to split screen on it. However I don't know at what size/resolution this switch occurs so I can't offer any advice on tablet size.

If you have an Orange contract on your mobile you may be able to get Navigon Select UK for free but I don't know what restrictions there are.

When I got Navigon for Android both UK version and lifetime maps (which includes Europe) were on offer but if you are prepared to completely remove Navigon every 3 months and reinstall you may not need to pay for lifetime maps!

I think Navigon's PND market is collapsing - which is why all the recent offers have been for PNDs only.

If you are near Newport I would be happy to demo my mobiles and/or tablet - send me a PM if interested.
celticprince
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Thanks again for the very interesting information Smile

I have now managed to update the 70 to the most recent mapping and this will suffice for a while. I really do think that my/the future of in-car GPS will involve a 7" tablet as discussed in an article in the most recent PGPSW newsletter:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Could-a-7inch-tablet-be-the-perfect-satnav-5373.php

If I am ever heading towards the Newport area I will send you a PM; thanks again Wink

celticprince

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: