Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Clarion NX702E
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarion NX702E

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carelectronicsnottingham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Clarion NX702E Reply with quote

Hello,

Im trying to install the speed camera database to my Clarion NX702E but don't know which database i need to download

Does anyone know

Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at screenshots it looks like it runs iGO software. Also, the fact you posted it in the iGO makes me think you may have already suspected this?

n which case you need to use the 'iGO' format and follow the instructions here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-igo-myguide-oncourse_navigator.php

MaFt
carelectronicsnottingham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Looking at screenshots it looks like it runs iGO software. Also, the fact you posted it in the iGO makes me think you may have already suspected this?

n which case you need to use the 'iGO' format and follow the instructions here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-igo-myguide-oncourse_navigator.php

MaFt

Thanks for your help,

I have purchased the database from naviextras but when it didn't work i emailed them. looking in the root folder i notice that they used PGSW file but not a text file.

I have followed them instructions you linked me to and will try them on the way home tonight. Fingers crossed.

Also the database they gave me was a 2010 database so im going to ask for my money back
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, we've queried this with NNG (the company behind iGO and Naviextras) about the 'release year' and have confirmed that it *IS* up to date (they pull our data from a dedicated feed every hour or so) but the date shown on the website is a bug.

I'll mention it to them again...

On iGO when you install the database the software converts it from the plain .txt format to a .spdb format so maybe that is why they look different in the root folder?

If you manage to get it installed and working OK then please do let us know and we can add the device to the compatibility chart.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was January this year that we queried the release date with them... I've mentioned it again...

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
On iGO when you install the database the software converts it from the plain .txt format to a .spdb format so maybe that is why they look different in the root folder?
To be a bit pedantic and for completness, if you place one or more camera.txt files in an empty \CONTENT\SPEEDCAM folder, the next time iGO starts, it generates two additional files 'speedcam.spdb' and 'speedcam.spud' so you end up with three files (unless you put in more than one *.txt files in the first place as I do) The .spdb file is the current speedcams generated from the one or more *.txt files and the .spud file is for your personal cameras and in which you can suppress ones in the main .spdb alert. The point of mentioning the latter is that if you have put your own speedcams into the unit or cancelled any of the existing ones, you will loose this info if you delete the speedcam.spud file.

A re-read leads me to suspect that the database might be published directly as a *.spdb file by Clarion.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: