Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Exporting route / track from ppc to pc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting route / track from ppc to pc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Exporting route / track from ppc to pc Reply with quote

Hi all

I recently aquired MM software, set up has been no problem with both pc, ppc and my bt receiver. Last few days I've been having a play around with it on my ipaq, after a drive and a track is created (all these tracks,routes and marks are getting confusing!) I cant seem to be able to export it back to my pc. When in mm on the pc and using the 'inport from pda' I get a message 'failed to open file on mobile device'

Can anyone help with this or even better a 'laymans' guide as to using the software, instructions for the ppc side of the software seem to be lacking.

With MM sponsoring the next PGPS meet in Stratford it might be an idea to pay them a visit!!

Cheers

Richard
Ipaq 4150 - Fortuna Clip On BT - Lexar 256mb SD Card / Kingston 256mb SD Card - TomTom Nav 3.05T - Traffic - CheckPOInt 2.0.2.0 - Mapopolis - Memory Map 2004 UK - Brodit Mount - & BT Registry Fix (recommended!)
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message sounds like you've lost your Active Sync connection. Check the connection and try again. If you still have problems I would test the link by seeing if you can explore the folders on your PDA by using the explore button on the Active Sync dialog box for you PC. If you can explore the PDA folders and still have a problem I would be very surprised.

You could of course just copy the .MMO (where your route is stored) file from the PDA to the appropriate location on you PC as a quick and dirty work around.
Memory Map
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TC

Active Sync is working fine, just gone into storage card etc, all ok. Just tried to send a route from mm on the pc to my ipaq (PDA -Export Data to PDA) and msg on ipaq reads 'A sharing violation occured while accessing \program files\memory map os\userdata.mmo'

This is starting to really annoy me now!

Rich
Ipaq 4150 - Fortuna Clip On BT - Lexar 256mb SD Card / Kingston 256mb SD Card - TomTom Nav 3.05T - Traffic - CheckPOInt 2.0.2.0 - Mapopolis - Memory Map 2004 UK - Brodit Mount - & BT Registry Fix (recommended!)
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. so I think you're saying the original problem (import data from PDA) is now fixed, but now you can't export to you PDA?

Obvious things to check; are you accessing the same MMO file twice in someway? Other than that I would back up both sources (PC, PDA) of you data (MMO) if they are different, then delete all of then, so that you can start again. MM will create new ones if they are not present. So by making a fresh start and by starting MM from fresh can you now import and export? If you can, then copy your backup MMO file into position on the PC and try again.

I must say I haven't had very much in the way of problems with MM, although it doesn't like lots of different 'Position' (GPS Position) points between the MMO on the PDA and the MMO on the PCC. If you wait when it asks you to resolve this conflict it will crash MM on you PC when you import. If you quickly answer no then all is OK. Alternatively delete the 'Position' points from you PDA first as the are no longer really needed.
Memory Map
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send a map selection from the PC to the PPC without error? Also what version of MM are you using?
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren

Sorry I missed out on not attending the open day at Stratford, I was hoping to get this mm problem rectified whilst there, sounds like you all had a great time!

As mentioned before the problem I have is that when I create a route in mm on my pc and then send it to the ppc I get the following message on my ppc

''A sharing violation occured while accessing \program files\memory map os\userdata.mmo''

How do you also save a track created on the ppc, cant seem to be able to do this and once closed the track disappears, sme as when I loose the gps signal on a walk and the track then disappears.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete (making a backup copy if necessary) the files "userdata.mmo" and "old_userdata.mmo" from your program files/memory map directory on your PDA. They may have become corrupted. Don't have MM running in the background when you do this.

You could delete every file from this directory (except the exe) and they should all be rebuilt next time you run the program. If you delete too much, just resending the app from the PC would replace them
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr T

Many thanks for the advice. Tried removing the files but it has made no difference, also removed all trace of mm from ppc and reloaded it... still no difference, I just keep getting the same message 'A sharing violation occured while accessing \program files\memory map os\userdata.mmo'

This has now been going on for well over a week. Will be calling the memory map hotline for their imput tomorrow.

Once again to all who have replied many thanks.

Rich

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: