Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't get cameras to show on my Garmin 2595 nuvi LMT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get cameras to show on my Garmin 2595 nuvi LMT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Can't get cameras to show on my Garmin 2595 nuvi LMT Reply with quote

Hi
Just bought the Garmin Nuvi in the past few weeks, Have read and re read on how to install until I'm spinning! Even watched the vidio. Managed to get the cameras to show in the garmin POI folder and could decide to tick between PWGPS and Cyclops but only the Cyclops would work on the simulated route!
I have now uninstalled the PGPS and re configured with the voices the POI loader unzipped folder as they all are unzipped and also the sox.exe unzipped and put the all into the folder. Then copied them all to a micro sd and put that into the garmin NOTHING! not in the POI folder anymore!
By the wy with the Garmin to access the folder they are in ? you have to from the start screen WHERE TO /then on the right hand edge CATEGORIES /and scroll down to OTHER CATEGORIES where if the are loaded you will see all the cameras showing otherwise it says learn more! as mine does right now Grrrrrr.
Please anybody before I heave it out the window and just use my trusty old TTone first edition but updated with cameras and maps! Why did I go for Garmin well you might ask!!! Regards dunk
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get cameras to show on my Garmin 2595 nuvi LMT Reply with quote

dunk wrote:
and also the sox.exe unzipped and put the all into the folder.
The .wav files need to be in the same folder as the camera files.
But sox.exe goes in the folder where PoiLoader.exe resides (eg C:\Garmin or C:\Program Files\Garmin).
dunk wrote:
Then copied them all to a micro sd and put that into the garmin
The camera and voice files need to be loaded to your SD card using PoiLoader.

Dales.
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Data download Reply with quote

Thanks Dales
I will give that a go tonighRegards dunk
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Unable to convert Reply with quote

Hi Dales I have downloaded the camera data to one folder then used poi to download toanother folder which says all downloaded but unable to convert!
I unzipped the sox ex file and used thos camera data to extract via the poi loader. Is that the correct way Then I will copy those into my sd card to use in the garmin. I don't want the files in the garmin oly via the sd card
Regards dunk
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If PoiLoader reports it is Unable To Convert, this means that it cannot find sox.exe

You need to find PoiLoader.exe
and put sox.exe in the same folder
(eg C:\Program Files\Garmin\PoiLoader).

Dales.
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Garmin frustration Reply with quote

Hi agai Dales
Well I have just started again from scratch! Sox.exe in the POI loader file and managed now to get all the cameras showing in the Custom Pois folder on the Garmin. They show as pocketworld_uk_gatso_20 ect. Gatso / Mobile / P Mobile / Red light and Specs plus To be announced and Variable!
Plus I have the choice of Garmin safety cameras or custom POIs in Alerts and the option to tick which ever! So Far So Good!
But when I do a simulated drive the PWGPS ones don't show but the Garmion ones do! Is this normal
PS all on sd card and not in the Garmin itself.
Regards dunk
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin frustration Reply with quote

dunk wrote:
But when I do a simulated drive the PWGPS ones don't show but the Garmion ones do! Is this normal
PS all on sd card and not in the Garmin itself.
Regards dunk

I *think* this is normal. The PGPSW (or any 3rd party cameras) will only alert when you are closer to the set speed limit. The simulated driving is much slower than real life driving so they may never actually show on the map there.

The fact that you have the PGPSW option in the proximity alerts setting shows you have them installed.

You could also tap on the 3d map to view the overhead map and zoom in - this way the icons should be shown as you zoom closer in to the map.

Other than that just have a quick drive Smile

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... But not too quick. Cool
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Garmin yahoo! Reply with quote

Just got in from drive and YES! I have them with voice alert! Can't believe it?
The amount of reading upon the forums and still not always sinking in! Then a helping hand from Dales set the cogs thinking in the right direction Thanks Dales yor a star.
Can I ask another dumb question! When I download the new speed camera data do I just go through the entire process as I got to this point ie delete the card and start again and download in a new folder then proceed with POILoader!!
Regards dunk
Cyclops-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Instructions - Update Cyclops Camera Info on Garmin Reply with quote

For help with running the latest Cyclops camera data. Please follow these instructions below.

If you have run a normal update from the Safety Camera Update page via your Mygarmin account then these should be alerting correctly. As this is not the case then please follow these instructions as this will confirm you are running the best set-up for your device as well as the latest Cyclops database.

1) Connect your Garmin to the PC. Browse to the \garmin\poi folder of the Garmin device and search for any of the following files:

safety_camera_****.gpi (where **** will be your country)
safety_camera_****.unl
safety_camera_****.gma
****CyclopsSample_xxxxxx.gpi (where xxxxxx will be a number) - This seems the likely culprit that is blocking updates for some users.

Copy these files to your computer - as a backup measure.

Now erase any files remaining in your POI folder on the Garmin device.

**Disconnect the unit from the PC, power off and restart it**

Now re-connect the unit to the PC.

Login into myGarmin and re-download the safety camera dataset for your unit.

Additionally, please make sure you do not have any other camera files loaded from other Third Parties as these may be a source of corruption or conflicting alerts.

2) Once complete please go to the Garmin software updater section of their website to ensure your unit is running the latest versions of all applicable software. This can be found at the following link: (software for each model will likely have had new versions released since manufacture so it is important to ensure you are on the latest version if you are experiencing operational problems and to ensure the best performance from your device)

http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

If you need further assistance not concerning the Cyclops database, please, kindly contact the Garmin UK Product Support team at 0808-238-0000.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore the stuff above from Cyclops. It's the latest PGPSW files you want, not the Cyclops ones.

Personally, I don't have to do it this way since I use Ash10's CameraManager. But I guess the process is:-

Download your new Camera database file (without voice pack).

Unzip it, and put the contents in the folder which holds your camera / voice files. When asked if you want to replace the old files, reply "Yes to All".

Run PoiLoader, and use the same name as last time for your Custom Poi file.
This will overwrite the old one on the SD card.

Job done.

Dales.
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Camera updating each week? Reply with quote

Thanks fellas, Yes Dales it's the PWGPS data I will download each week. I update my tom tom one and just put it into the old data and can overwrite it!
As the Garmin data is in a folder which includes cameras and voices I can't see how I can separate them to download just new cameras?
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt's announcement about voice files says

Please note: the 'download same again' will not download the voice packs as it assumes that you still have these from last time!

Dales.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Garmin 2200 and my Garmin Nuvi 50 I can do a simulated run and all PGPSW cameras work as normal.

Also, on both units, the simulation speed matches the Garmin known limit for that road.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Garmin 2595 LMT downloads. Reply with quote

Hi All
Just to let you know all is well, I have my first updates for the camera data tonight so I purchased a second microsd card and backed up the other card so if things don't go as planned!!
Not sure that this has been mentioned before,but my 2595 LMT alerts me to all camera types even though I haven't set a route! Brilliant as that's the way my tom tom does. Just turn on and away especially when driving in the areas you know,as its easy to be distracted and creep past the limit?
My thanks to you all for helping me to regain faith in my Garmin! Well for the moment at least.
Cheers.
dunk Cheers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: