Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand them locking the access to the map folder on the grounds of piracy as some might have been using this method to clone the software and hacking activation codes in the same way it used to happen on the PDA and PND platforms.
Taking away third party POI support (even though it was a "backdoor" method to get the data in to the app) without offering a revised method of adding custom POI's to the software is a poor move, fo me it means byebye TomTom and I will switch to Sygic which does offer custom POI support, so TomTom are losing out on Live Traffic subscription (although I very much doubt they will give one jott to be honest).

Whilst there is the excellent CamerAlert running the background I personally prefer the cameras on the navigation map displayed to see, TomTom used to offer this capability but I guess it's something else they have decided to remove while further dumbing down what used to be decent software - Mike
goodstone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep been using the cameralert app for the last couple of days after using the pois in map method for about 5 years.

I have got to say it is a good replacement. I would prefere to see the cams on the map.

its is a shame but this will have to do until a jailbreak is released to the public which could be a long time considering the person who devised the ios 5 jailbreak is not currently working on ios 6 (taking time out)

I would imagine 4-5 months for iphone 5. could be a little sooner for iphone 4s.

There is a tethered jailbreak for iphone 4 only. This means that if your devices battery runs out of power you will have to reconnect to your computer reboot your device.

I wish i didnt give my jailbroken 4s to my partner now Sad
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really gonna help the speed camera issue but I have just downloaded this app.

POI Viewer by FrenchKiss Development
http://itun.es/gb/3EaWv.i

It allows my to import my poi files and create or add to them. Will give you fastest route to them also by launching tomtom
goodstone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello people

maybe some good news about poi issue on tomtom iphone ios6,

There may be a workaround from diskaid

quote from diskaid

"Hey guys, we've investigated this a little deeper and we think that there may be something that we can do about this issue after all. We will get back to you as soon as we know for sure Smile"

will keep you updated on progress Wink
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this typically vague and robotic non answer from TomTom yesterday after sending a support request 24/09/12

Dear XXX,

The reference number for your query is XXXX.

Thank you for taking time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is XXXX and we are always happy to help.

From your e-mail, I understand that you would like to know if feature of adding or removing custom POI’s would be added in upcoming TomTom 1.20 app.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I want to inform you that we are not sure if this feature would be made available in TomTom app 1.20. We have forwarded your feedback to our research team. They may add this feature in app version 1.20.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact us via email or call us at 0845 161 0009 Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM UK Time.

With Kind Regards
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: TomTom Europe 1.11 Reply with quote

I am currently running TomTom Europe 1.9 on my iPhone 4, using a jailbroken ios5.1.1. I was not going to upgrade to ios6 until [if] an untethered jailbreak came along.

If I am readingthe last couple of pages corrtectly, the problem seems to be ios6.

Therefore, if I upgrade from TomTom 1.9 to 1.11, will it work (same as now) and is this recommended or not please?

Thank you for any help.

Aerovision
goodstone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it only effects ios version not TOMTOM version so you should be ok as long as you stay away from ios6
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way of putting my iPhone 4S back to iOS 5 from iOS 6, so that I can add POI'S to my TomTom App. ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Apple about rolling the iPhone back to iOS5 and they said it can't be done, with the Apple policy of locking things down I decided to bin my iPhone4 and bought a Samsung Galaxy S-111 yesterday.

Tried to purchase TomTom for it, this became all to difficult so I chose Sygic which downloaded and installed without any issues, to be honest I am pig sick of jumping through hoops to get a phone to do what I want, whether I get on with the Droid OS I am not too sure but so far it looks good - Mike
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , that's a pretty extreme and rapid reaction to this problem !!!
I'm not ready to bin my iPhone 4S yet as ( aside from this ) it is a brilliant bit of kit , in my opinion.
I am just hoping now that someone comes up with a solution to this fiasco !!!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike just did Wink
goodstone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people

There will almost be a jailbreak out hopefully sooner than later. If you do require the jailbreak DO NOT UPDATE THE DEVICE. STAY ON IOS 6.0.

Until the hackers say its ok to update. This is because Apple may of patched the exploits in the update which means waiting even.

Will keep you posted
COLINRG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used iExplorer http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/ to update the ov2 files on my 3GS running iOS 6.0

Haven't tried on my iPhone 5 yet.
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: iExplorer Reply with quote

ColinRG please advise if iexplorer worked and how you did this so I can try too?
Xman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINRG wrote:
I just used iExplorer http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/ to update the ov2 files on my 3GS running iOS 6.0

Haven't tried on my iPhone 5 yet.

I had a 5 minute play with iExplorer + 4s + iOS6 + tomtom but was not able to copy the files... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 35 of 42

Jump to: