Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - custom POI alert on iPhone 4s with Tomtom v 1.11
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

custom POI alert on iPhone 4s with Tomtom v 1.11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nabu2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: custom POI alert on iPhone 4s with Tomtom v 1.11 Reply with quote

Good morning,
I have been trying to add speedcam alert to tomtom app 1.11 on an iPhone 4s using the tutorial provided by Mikealder. Even though the icons apear on the map, I never managed to get the acustic POI alert (custom ogg files) working. Any help is very appriciated. THX!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the TomTom app isn't running in the back ground before you load the files, if you are not sure how to kill the TomTom app so it isn't in the back ground simply press and hold the power button until the red slider appears to turn the iPhone off, swipe this then switch the iPhone back on.

Connect to the PC and use Diskaid to re-load the mapsettings.cfg file from the download to the correct folder location on the iPhone (note this folder is different to where you put the icons, ogg and ov2 files) once this is done it should work fine - Mike
nabu2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: custom POI alert on iPhone 4s with Tomtom v 1.11 Reply with quote

Mike,

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem I had is not the tomtom running in the background during the installation. Even though I restarted the iPhone the POI alert did not work after fresh installation. I generated mapsettings.cfg using the XXL IQ.
However, when I use your mapsettings.cfg, the voice alert is working fine!
By the way, did you configure the mapsettings in the way that it only alerts if you have a destination planed?
Thanks again for your help. Nabu2
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: custom POI alert on iPhone 4s with Tomtom v 1.11 Reply with quote

nabu2 wrote:
The problem I had is not the tomtom running in the background during the installation. Even though I restarted the iPhone the POI alert did not work after fresh installation. I generated mapsettings.cfg using the XXL IQ.

Depending what version is on your XXL it might be saving the cfg file named as "MapSettings.cfg" rather than "mapsettings.cfg" (note the caps). If this is the case try re-naming the file to all lowercase.

nabu2 wrote:
However, when I use your mapsettings.cfg, the voice alert is working fine!
By the way, did you configure the mapsettings in the way that it only alerts if you have a destination planed?

Indeed I did configure the unit to only warn if a POI is route, therefore you need to have a route planned to generate a warning - Mike
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: How do I add my own alerts Reply with quote

@nabu2 I've managed to do this on v1.14 and it works fine.

@mikealder (or anyone else). How can I create my own alerts (in addition to the speedcam ones) ? I guess it won't be as simple as copying the mapsettings.cfg file to my Go Live 940, setting alerts there and then copying it back.....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I add my own alerts Reply with quote

davemcwish wrote:
I guess it won't be as simple as copying the mapsettings.cfg file to my Go Live 940, setting alerts there and then copying it back.....

That is how I used to do it before I binned the iPhone - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: