Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The option to update UK safety cameras has disappeared
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The option to update UK safety cameras has disappeared
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: The option to update UK safety cameras has disappeared Reply with quote

has any one else lost the option to update UK safety cameras after they updated to the latest tomtom home,
KJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just upgraded and the option to download UK speed cameras is there.
What I did have was difficulty getting the updated home to work properly. it gave error messages before completing its look for updates. I had to completely remove it and do a fresh install.

Kevin
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just done a full refresh install of tomtom home and still no uk saftey camera option , if gave me all the european updates but no uk, i have emailed tomtom to ask the question is the 950 live now updated over the air.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quotation from Ditte, TomTom Staff member, 10th August 2012
Quote:
I almost expected you to be surprised by the downloaded from HOME comment. NAV2 devices are still being offered the same speed camera packages both in HOME and over the air. Same as NAV3 previously were being offered the packages both in MyTomTom and OTA. Only NAV3 cameras are now completely OTA.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a TT 550 Live with latest version of Home. I connected to Home yesterday but didn't get offered an option of downloading UK speed camera updates.
gardner1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here using tom tom xl live with latest version of Home
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, my GO550 Live has gone to the great satellite in the sky and I'm awaiting another - I did get another (refurbished GO550 Live), but they forgot to refurbish the battery, so I'm awaiting another nother nother. But I have to say I think the recent improvement to cameras Over The Air has had the usual TomTom developments effect of clagging the system and they've all gone wrong. By which I mean a different wrong from the wrong the TT cameras always have been. Confused

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how wrong wrong can they be Dennis?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment they're wrong wrong. I'm not sure how much scope there is for wronger - maybe another couple of wrongs? Maybe simply put the price up for the wrong wrongs?

jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've connected my TT 550 Live to Home today, and still no UK Safety Camera option offered. No indication given of any safety camera data was given whilst it was downloading other updates (GPS fix and Mapshares- Sorry Dennis)

However, I have since found that the 550's safety camera data has been updated since yesterday. Whether this has come undisclosed today from Home or whether it's been downloaded over the air I have no idea.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked on my 550 Live.

TTHome gave me latest IE speedcams but not the UK ones (even checked release dates within the UK map folder).

When I switched on (after this) and went "Live" it showed in Live Servives/Speedcams as "No info available". Then I went into it again and it showed "Speedcams are up to date" BUT UK ones are still 3 weeks old.
In my poi folder I have Safety_Cam_IE_Premium.tlv dated 20/08/2012 and Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.tlv dated 07/08/2012

So basically I'm not getting new UK speedcams from either TTHome or over-the-air.

Even tried deleting the UK ones from the map folder (TTHome STILL didn't offer me these) so I lost the bloooody UK speedcams completely!

Then went back into TTHome, went to "Add speedcams" and was offered these (from my PC) which I took and....lo & behold...they are dated TODAY and my Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.tlv is NOW 20/08/2012

So, in summary it appears that TTHome DID get these (although it was not offered to me) but I don't know where they were saved as in my TTHome folder/complete/safetycamera it only has the 07/08/2012 version (plus older ones)
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked in the POI folder on my 550. You're right! Even though my TT says it's safety cameras are up to date, the safety camera file in the POI folder is dated 29th July.

Clearly the 550 hasn't been updated, despite the device saying it has.

Also, I've had an e-mail from TomTom customer services about this. TomTom deny that there is any such issue!
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
I've checked in the POI folder on my 550. You're right! Even though my TT says it's safety cameras are up to date, the safety camera file in the POI folder is dated 29th July.

Clearly the 550 hasn't been updated, despite the device saying it has.

Also, I've had an e-mail from TomTom customer services about this. TomTom deny that there is any such issue!

Well, there obviously IS an issue with these although I'm suprised it's not been flagged/asked on their discussions.tomtom.com forum

.....................it is now!
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps because very few people use the TT UK safety cameras? :-)

I'm more annoyed by the fact that Tomtom are denying that there is an issue when there obviously is one.

If it was just my device then maybe it's just a fault at my end, but when several people with different devices are seeing the same thing then surely the fault lies with Tomtom and Home?

EDIT....

I've deleted the UK Safety Cameras from the 550, and re-installed them (using Home, which I detest doing!).

I then updated the 550. It downloaded the latest QuickGPSfix, but didn't display or offer any UK safety camera data.

I've now checked the safety files on the 550, and they are now showing updated files dated today.

Very odd. There is obviously something wrong, and Home is not behaving as it should, but Tomtom customer services refuse to accept there is a problem
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people who are having this same problem could put their weight behind http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/LIVE-Services-HD-Traffic-and/No-UK-speedcams-being-offered-on-my-GO-550-Live-via-TTHome/td-p/307896 and maybe, just maybe, TT will wake up & smell the coffee?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: