Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Car Mode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Car Mode Reply with quote

The app has an option where it should start automatically when you put the phone into car mode (which is separate to car dock). What is this?
I have the Galaxy S3 which has 'Driving Mode' but I guess this is something different as when I turn it on the camera alert software does not start.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Car Mode Reply with quote

gblades wrote:
The app has an option where it should start automatically when you put the phone into car mode (which is separate to car dock). What is this?
I have the Galaxy S3 which has 'Driving Mode' but I guess this is something different as when I turn it on the camera alert software does not start.

As far as I'm aware, car mode on the SGS3 is supposed to read out emails & texts, but from what I can see it's very hit & miss, mine tells me an email had arrived but nothing else
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Car Mode Reply with quote

gblades wrote:

As far as I'm aware, car mode on the SGS3 is supposed to read out emails & texts, but from what I can see it's very hit & miss, mine tells me an email had arrived but nothing else
gblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The app is set to start automatically when car mode is turned on. However when I turn on driving mode nothing happens. I dont know if its a bug in the app or if driving mode and car mode are different things.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are different things. "Car mode" is a UI mode that only shows six icons per page, and severely limits the applications that you can assign to these icons. On most devices car mode also shows a monochrome UI (well , grayscale).

"Drive mode" (or navigation) can be initiated from within "Car mode".

Now "Car Dock" is something else entirely. It's the physical process of connecting the phone through the pogo stick gold contacts. You CAN configure your phone to place it in "Car Mode" when it detects "Car Dock" but that's not mandatory.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: