Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocpsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
I also had problems when renaming the .bmp files and ended up using a freeware image editor called fastzone http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm
It allows you to batch convert and in the advanced settings you can specify output image size / file type etc

Yep that worked really well, converted & resized all the images in one step.

Thanks
Steve
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

ocpsteve wrote:
adobbing wrote:
I also had problems when renaming the .bmp files and ended up using a freeware image editor called fastzone http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm
It allows you to batch convert and in the advanced settings you can specify output image size / file type etc

Yep that worked really well, converted & resized all the images in one step.

Thanks
Steve

Nice little program and it keeps your settings, I have a folder for the PGPSW .bmp files which I update each time the database is updated. Then I just point fastzone at it and output to a folder containing .png files for the iPhone.

There aren't many changes to the PGPSW database .bmp files, but recently a few 45 and 35 etc have crept in, so this is a good way of keeping on top of it.
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

I have managed to use the instructions to load up Custom POIs from the PGPSW site but I am getting red squares for these POI's.

Has anyone been able to get around this problem?
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
I have managed to use the instructions to load up Custom POIs from the PGPSW site but I am getting red squares for these POI's.

The red squares are the default symbols the TomTom app uses.

If you see these you don't have the correct .png files that match the .ov2 files you have.
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

If you see these you don't have the correct .png files that match the .ov2 files you have.

So I am guessing there is no way of changing this option???
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

Yes!

It is all covered in this thread repeatedly!

Basically for each camera type you need an .OV2 file for its position, a .PNG file to display on screen (on a regular TomTom this would be a .BMP file) and if you want a spoken alert an .OGG file.

You also need a working mapsettings.cfg file in the other folder that specifies the distance to warn at for each camera type, a sound (if you don't choose a spoken alert) along with many other non relevant functions.

Hope this helps!
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

Yes!

Basically for each camera type you need an .OV2 file for its position, a .PNG file to display on screen (on a regular TomTom this would be a .BMP file) and if you want a spoken alert an .OGG file.

You also need a working mapsettings.cfg file in the other folder that specifies the distance to warn at for each camera type, a sound (if you don't choose a spoken alert) along with many other non relevant functions.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for clearing that up. Luckily I have got the cams working with the OGG files.
I was just asking if there was a way round to use other custom poi's such Mac's and Fuel sites from the website rather than just seeing a red square.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

Yes!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for clearing that up. Luckily I have got the cams working with the OGG files.
I was just asking if there was a way round to use other custom poi's such Mac's and Fuel sites from the website rather than just seeing a red square.

If you just want to display them, then you only need a matching .OV2 and .PNG file.

If you have a batch of custom POI file pairs, I would suggest using a batch editor program such as described above in posts around 26th June.

You need to convert the .BMP files used by regular TomTom devices to suitably formatted .PNG files
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

[quote="adobbing"]
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

Yes!

Hope this helps!

If you just want to display them, then you only need a matching .OV2 and .PNG file.

If you have a batch of custom POI file pairs, I would suggest using a batch editor program such as described above in posts around 26th June.

You need to convert the .BMP files used by regular TomTom devices to suitably formatted .PNG files[/quote

Tried that and getting the red squares so wondered where I'm going wrong so will read through the posts and try and see if it helps
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Poi and Red Square Reply with quote

[quote="nazp"]
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:
adobbing wrote:
nazp wrote:

Yes!

Hope this helps!

You need to convert the .BMP files used by regular TomTom devices to suitably formatted .PNG files[/quote

Tried that and getting the red squares so wondered where I'm going wrong so will read through the posts and try and see if it helps

If you have a .PNG file and still get the default red square, then I would suggest the .PNG file is not in the correct format!

It needs to be 24 bit colour depth and 22x22 or 44x44 pixels, can't remember which.

If you have a custom POI that is displayed correctly, check the corresponding .PNG file properties and use the same.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use 22x22 or 32x32 or 44x44 but the icon must be 24 bit in png format, it's no good simply renaming the bmp to png as that no longer works. Note the icons displayed that are supplied with the app use 32x32, my own preference for the iPhone4 is to use 44x44

Open the icon using Paint then choose File/ SaveAs leave it as 24_Bit_bmp file type, next choose File/ SaveAs and alter it to png.

Use DiskAid to copy the transformed file to your iPhone in the same location as the coresponding ov2 file - Mike
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how about nazp and adobbing using the reply button instead of the quote button Shocked Very Happy (and getting it wrong Rolling Eyes )
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is wrong?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at your last post. You tried to quote nasp but it didnt appear in a quote box. It's totally unnecessary to quote all of the previous post as it just takes up a lot of space and makes the thread more difficult to read as you have to look at each quote in each post to see if you have read it before.
You will note that I have answered your question quite succinctly withot quoting your question, because it was the post immediately above this one Very Happy
And the mis-quoting makes it even more difficult because you cannot actually tell who's making the post without backtracking a few posts to find out who posted what.

That's what's wrong. Supreme Angel Supreme Angel
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guy's got the idea on making changes and will give it a go but as far I thought the files were downloaded from PGPSW's POI tab would correct. So will try to make changes as you've suggested and try. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 32 of 42

Jump to: