Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Correcting Speed Limit Go Live 820
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Correcting Speed Limit Go Live 820

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Correcting Speed Limit Go Live 820 Reply with quote

Hi,

After installing the latest firmware my Mapshare now appears to be basically functioning.

The problem I have is that I want to correct the speed limit over a section of a road. I have stored the start and end positions for the limit but I cannot see how to define the section for the correction. I tried correcting the limit to 30MPH at the first stored position and then changing it back to 60 MPH at the second position but this seems to set the limit for all of the road before the second stored position to 30 MPH. I should say that the road in question is about 15 miles of B road. The section I want to change is about 1 mile.

Finally how can I remove my incorrect change, the only way I have found is to default the system?

Many Thanks for any help given.

Terry Walsh
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the 820 has the same functionality as my 550, but when I select the road, I am asked if the selection is correct, or whether I want to Edit it.

I nearly always have to edit the selection, as the TT automatically chooses the entire length of the road. When I select this option, it then defaults to a small section of the road around the point I initially identified. I can then add further sections of road until the selection is correct.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work using a start and end point; you just have to add/subtract sections of road, normally between junctions, and then change the limit for the section(s) you have selected.
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Daggers.

I think you are correct as you say I am asked if the selection is correct and offered the choice to edit. Seems a pretty crude and somewhat tedious method to have to use but if it works at least it is possible. The problem I had was I could not see which bit was highlighted probably because it all was!

I guess that to correct the error I have made I either have to re edit 15 miles of road using this method or force defaults. Not the most user friendly piece of software I have seen.

Terry Walsh
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite agree, it's very clunky, and I've asked TomTom about the posibility of marking start and end positions for speed corrections.

Maybe you could add your thoughts to them in an email? I doubt anything will get done but it all adds weight to the arguement.

I was hoping that their new "MapShare Reporter" website would make it easier, but it doesn't let you change road speeds at all!
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy I may well e mail TomTom as you suggest.
It does not seem like rocket science to write this properly. When the store position button is hit store both position and direction of travel. Then make the correction from the first stored position to the second. It should be possible in a few lines of code at most.

Terry Walsh

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: