Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IGO 8 how to show speedlimit always?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IGO 8 how to show speedlimit always?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redsfotografie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: IGO 8 how to show speedlimit always? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm looking for an option to show the speed limit on the display at all times like when your speeding but I want the sign to be there all the time!

Skins do not work I tried the plus and ultra version but it chrashes on it

Please help me!
acres10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: speed limit Reply with quote

hi
i have speed limit always on , i assumed you tried settings/map visual/more and check the box show speed limit?
works great keeps you from getting points on your driving licence
Very Happy
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another way to keep it alive without the skin:
edit the BOTH (on the storage card\igo8\ AND my device\program files\igo8\ floes sys.txt, by adding:
[config]
overspeedrewarnbelow = 1

That should trigger the warning always on.
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the thread necro but I have the same problem and the instructions do not work.

It looks like there needs to be a mod to the skin. I tried editing the skin but was unable to make the speed limit display visible all the time. It sounds like the latest version of the Ultra skin or the "iGo Plus" skin can do it, but I can't find them for download anywhere now.

Can anyone help with this?
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use Google, search for kikker 3.2 skin...
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo-chan wrote:
It looks like there needs to be a mod to the skin. I tried editing the skin but was unable to make the speed limit display visible all the time.
Several skins do what you want. Which one are you using at the moment? DiMka skins do what you want try here
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
mojo-chan wrote:
It looks like there needs to be a mod to the skin. I tried editing the skin but was unable to make the speed limit display visible all the time.
Several skins do what you want. Which one are you using at the moment? DiMka skins do what you want try here

I am using the stock skin. Really I just want to add the speed limit display to that. Amigo does it but I prefer iGo 8.

I'll take a look at the skin you mentioned. It looks quite different to the stock one. Perhaps it will give me a hint so I can get the display to be on permanently in the default skin.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at the stock skin later to see what I can find.

Edit;
Right. I've had a look and can't see why it doesn't show all the time. Can you tell me what exactly happens and the circumstances under which it does it. Does it just show when you are near/over the current speed limit. If so, I think that I have a fix.
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikker is just clone of Ultra skin which is compatible with 8.3.x
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT: It shows only when exceeding the speed limit. I guess you have found the visiblemodel field that seems to suggest it only shows when you are near the speed limit, but I tried changing it to various things and none of the made it display permanently.

My guess is that there is a script somewhere that controls its visibility, overriding that setting.

mxmaciek: Thanks, I will try it. It looks like the speed limit display is a major modification so porting it back to the default skin won't be easy.
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be specific.
On same roads there is NO SPEED assigned, and you'll never see it.
I have no idea how it looks on native skin, as I always used Ultra or kikker, but on some roads, even with kikker - I have options:
overspeed warning -advanced - urban areas 110%, rural 110%, sound warning - disabled, visual warning - when speeding.

After that, on most of the roads, when I'm approaching the speed limit, iGo displays blue circle with max allowed speed value inside. While I'm above 110% - the circle changes colour to red.

But - there are some roads, on which there is no warning or mistake value. I think that it depends on map. I do not remember exactly, but some time around one year ago I saw on M1 between J25 and 26 allowed speed value of 112 mph.
First, it is obvious mistake of calculation (70 mph = 112kph), second, the error gone with the map update.

Concluding, you should NOT expect info on ALL of the roads, but you SHOULD be prepared for possible mistakes Wink

About the kikker: be careful, as the skin is designed for some screen resolutions, while on others it will not work. To have it working in "HD" (not just scaled up) 800x480 HTC HD2, I had to manually modify the sys.txt, after what some elements (like automatic weather changer for backgrounds in different seasons and day-night 6 steps sequence via themechanger) stopped working correctly.
But still - I think that this is simplest and very nice skin.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo-chan wrote:
I guess you have found the visiblemodel field that seems to suggest it only shows when you are near the speed limit, but I tried changing it to various things and none of the made it display permanently.
Yes, that's the one, in navigatemapxxxx.ui (where xxxx is your resolution). I assume that you are changing it in the correct resolution for your device? (Sorry if I insult your skills). I'll have a play tomorrow, but I'm certain that if you get rid of the visiblemode statement it 'should' work. Just as an experiment, put the ! (NOT) operator in front of the variable i.e. visiblemode=!nearspeedlimit (or whatever, I can't remember the exact system variable name). This should make it appear when below the speed limit but go away above it. At least that will prove that it's the visiblemode statement that's affecting it (or not).
You seem to have inadvertently set me a challenge. Watch this space ;=)
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
mojo-chan wrote:
I guess you have found the visiblemodel field that seems to suggest it only shows when you are near the speed limit, but I tried changing it to various things and none of the made it display permanently.
Yes, that's the one, in navigatemapxxxx.ui (where xxxx is your resolution). I assume that you are changing it in the correct resolution for your device? (Sorry if I insult your skills). I'll have a play tomorrow, but I'm certain that if you get rid of the visiblemode statement it 'should' work. Just as an experiment, put the ! (NOT) operator in front of the variable i.e. visiblemode=!nearspeedlimit (or whatever, I can't remember the exact system variable name). This should make it appear when below the speed limit but go away above it. At least that will prove that it's the visiblemode statement that's affecting it (or not).
You seem to have inadvertently set me a challenge. Watch this space ;=)

Yes, I got the right resolution :-)

If I put the ! in or just remove the whole visiblemode bit I get a parse error when starting iGo.

It doesn't seem to matter what I set it to, the visiblemode bit here does not actually appear to control its visibility directly.

mxmaciek: My maps have the correct speed limits on the roads I am using to test. I know because the warning pops up if I exceed the speed limit by 1MPH. The reason your speed display is wrong is because you are using European maps. A friend of mine noticed that if you let the GPS lock on before opening iGo it seems to fix this issue some times.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My data.zip has bits about USA in it. It is not the laver that is 'visiblemoded' but the icon and text. So my mod above is th the speedlimit text

If I change
visiblemodel="navigation.near_speed_limit"

to
visiblemodel="!navigation.near_speed_limit"

the speed limit text is present all the time that I am below the speed limit (In sim mode) so it 'should' work the same on the speed limit layer. Are you putting the ! inside the "". If you don't, it produces the parse error on mine
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracked it :-)

The parse error was due to the ZIP file. For some reason if I extract everything and make a new ZIP file it never works, so I am just updating that one file in a copy of the existing data.zip. If I do it with 7zip I get the parse error. If I do it with Directory Opus it works, but only the first time and every time after I have to start from the original data.zip again.

Anyway, to display the speed limit all the time set visiblemodel to:

Code:

"navigation.near_speed_limit|!navigation.near_speed_limit"

Other values might work, like "1" or something, I have not tried.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: