Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following quote is from Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm, since the release of V1,7 and all subsequent versions the flashing top left warning has been deleted, I think this is further in the thread than page 13 though! - Mike

mikealder wrote:
Having had some time to dig in to the V1,7 and getting the speed camera files working correctly here is a summary:

Name.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon on the map
Name_X2.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon displayed in menu
Name.ogg _ ogg audio file for warning sound

You no longer get the flashing warning displayed top left, its gone so get used to it, to be honest it never worked very well especially on an iPhone4 with the retina display.

When configured correctly you do get the icons on the map and displayed in the menu where required, you also get the spoken alert when approaching a camera, this will inform you of the camera type and its rated speed (something you can't do with the offering from TomTom).
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The following quote is from Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm, since the release of V1,7 and all subsequent versions the flashing top left warning has been deleted, I think this is further in the thread than page 13 though! - Mike

mikealder wrote:
Having had some time to dig in to the V1,7 and getting the speed camera files working correctly here is a summary:

Name.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon on the map
Name_X2.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon displayed in menu
Name.ogg _ ogg audio file for warning sound

You no longer get the flashing warning displayed top left, its gone so get used to it, to be honest it never worked very well especially on an iPhone4 with the retina display.

When configured correctly you do get the icons on the map and displayed in the menu where required, you also get the spoken alert when approaching a camera, this will inform you of the camera type and its rated speed (something you can't do with the offering from TomTom).

Thanks for letting me know where it was as I never got that far.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
Thanks for letting me know where it was as I never got that far.

Well, anybody who might be tempted into thinking this will persuade me to R 30-odd pages of TFM, can just think again! Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Halohero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: tomtom ov2 file? Reply with quote

Can some please help me ive been at it for last 2 hours now.
Where do I get the tomtom ov2 file from?
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom ov2 file? Reply with quote

Halohero wrote:
Can some please help me ive been at it for last 2 hours now.
Where do I get the tomtom ov2 file from?

You download the latest OV2 files from the download portal.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top right of the webpage

Quote:
CamerAlert Database

Download HERE

Download CamerAlert Speed Camera Database
10.044 (25 Apr 12)
Halohero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Enable POI Reply with quote

Hi, I noticed that I can add my own POI's now. But how do I enable them to show on the map?

Another question is I used the TomTom yesterday without a route and saw the cams on the screen but there was no beep to say they are there. How do I enable the beeps?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Enable POI Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
Hi, I noticed that I can add my own POI's now. But how do I enable them to show on the map?

You would have to use a TomTom PND with the same POI files installed and configured to show on the map then copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the PND to the PC, rename it to all lower case then copy it to the correct folder within the iPhone app.

nazp wrote:
Another question is I used the TomTom yesterday without a route and saw the cams on the screen but there was no beep to say they are there. How do I enable the beeps?

The mapsettings.cfg file is configured using the option to "Warn ONLY if POI on Route" so without a route set it won't issue a warning - Mike
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Enable POI Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
nazp wrote:

You would have to use a TomTom PND with the same POI files installed and configured to show on the map then copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the PND to the PC, rename it to all lower case then copy it to the correct folder within the iPhone app.

nazp wrote:

The mapsettings.cfg file is configured using the option to "Warn ONLY if POI on Route" so without a route set it won't issue a warning - Mike

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.
The hard bit now is to get hold of a TomTom PND. Or is it possible to do the same using a WinMo using TT7?
And does it need to be the same Map or can you copy the iPhone map across to do this? Or can I use the map (older version to iPhone) already in TT7?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never tried the mapsettings.cfg file from a PND but I doubt it would work as there are too many differences between this software and that used on the PND, I guess you could try it but I doubt it will work.
I also don't think copying the map from the iPhone to a Win Mobile device will work as maps are locked to the device there are purchased for - Mike
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I have never tried the mapsettings.cfg file from a PND but I doubt it would work as there are too many differences between this software and that used on the PND, I guess you could try it but I doubt it will work.
I also don't think copying the map from the iPhone to a Win Mobile device will work as maps are locked to the device there are purchased for - Mike

Thank Mike. Will give it a go in the next couple of days when I get hold of the WinMo and post on the outcome.
Roy-xkr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been covered before but will this work on the I-Pad ?

Roy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy-xkr wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before but will this work on the I-Pad ?

Roy

Yes - Mike
mikevk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Ipod Touch 1G with tomtom v1.6, I do not want/can't upgrade due to later versions not working with the 1G - have copied the v1.9 mapsettings.cfg but have no warnings - can you add links to previous versions of this file for those who can't upgrade

thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 30 of 42

Jump to: