Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Flying with Li-Poly Satmap batteries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying with Li-Poly Satmap batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithwaugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Flying with Li-Poly Satmap batteries Reply with quote

I think someone may be spinning me a yarn but does anyone know if there is a problem with the aviation authorities if you have Li-Poly batteries in a Satmap A10 on board an aircraft? If there is a grain of truth in it, could it be that the reduced air pressure on a jet could cause an issue or perhaps if a li-poly battery failed in any way it might be more nasty on a plane!? As I say, I smell bull **** ! but...........!
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be ok. See here for a list of prohibited items, which includes wet cell batteries (like the lead acid ones used in cars).

I've carried all sort of batteries on aircraft and never had any questions asked.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many mobile phones use the same battery technology and ask yourself if they are banned from aircraft, there won't be an issue with the Satmap and its rechargeable battery pack - Mike
johnjackson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the battery in your hand luggage. See http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/aircarrier_info/media/airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that link is about carrying batteries in your luggage. It's not telling you to put them in your luggage. Apart from that, you will notice that it's by the FAA and we don't do Federal in the UK. Very Happy
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: No problem Reply with quote

Mine has been fortunate to travel around the world with me...it goes everywhere , and I've never ever had a problem/been stopped etc., except by Immigration/Customs in Australia who wanted to know where he could purchase one ! (And it's always to hand in my carry on.)
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: No problems Reply with quote

I've just got back from Yosemite and the Rockies...again, no problems whatsoever.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
But that link is about carrying batteries in your luggage. It's not telling you to put them in your luggage. Apart from that, you will notice that it's by the FAA and we don't do Federal in the UK. Very Happy

We might not 'do Federal' in the UK, but when in Rome etc etc.
(Eg On all internal NA flights , all electrical items have to be turned off, and this means turned off, not just the 'Flight Mode' option.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: