Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which rechargeable batteries?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which rechargeable batteries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matty2767
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: which rechargeable batteries? Reply with quote

i want to get some NiMH rechargeable batteries for my gpsmap76s. 2300mAh batteries are available for high drain units but is the garmin one of these?. would i be better going for lower power such as 1600mAh?

thanks

matthew
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, It is best to buy the highest capacity you can afford. I bought Uniross 2300's + the ultra fast charger which you can use on any mains voltage from 100 to 240 and the 12v car cigar plug! and find them great.. you should be able to buy for around £30
dave
crafti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use the Uniross 2300's and I have found them to be excellent. Not sure where you intend to buy them from but I saw the Uniross 2300 4 pack in Dixons yesterday for about £15. I bought the very same Uniross 2300 mAh AA 4 pack from 7dayshop for £7.59, nearly half the price of the high street. Even with postage if it's the only thing your order from them, it's still a good saving.

I've just received some Vapex Technology 2400 mAh batteries which are being charged at the moment so I'm unable to comment but I'm hopeful.

http://www.vapextech.com
dlegros
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Unniross 2300mAh cells as well, but I also carry a set of Lithium non-rechargeable cells, in case I get completely unstuck and discharge both sets of NiMHs

Dom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: