Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Software Update Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Software Update Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanw47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Software Update Available Reply with quote

I have a Garmin Nuvi 1340LMT which is up to date with the latest maps and software (v 5.40). Despite this the Garmin website is constantly telling me that there is a software update available, which is in fact version 5.40, but WebUpdater tells me it is up to date. I have re-installed v 5.40 but nothing changes. Has anybody else experienced this and is there a cure? Rolling Eyes
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a known bug, and no, so far no cure Crying or Very sad
alanw47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Software Update Available Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Yes, it's a known bug, and no, so far no cure Crying or Very sad

Thank you, I'll just learn to ignore it
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just released! Note this fixes the bug that came with 5.20 that causes favourite icons to only display as black squares.

nuvi 13xx and 14xx series (GCD File) software version 5.70
as of November 15, 2011

WebUpdater is required to install this file — What is this?
(16.53 MB)

View system requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change History
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.70:
Added new Fleet Management Interface features.
Fixed Fleet Management Interface errors.
Added support for Maged, a new Arabic text-to-speech voice language.
Fixed an error that caused TrafficMaster UK subscription to display as 'New Subscription' when using a GTM 25.
Fixed map display errors.
Fixed POI search errors.
Fixed route calculation and display errors.
Fixed an error that caused location information to not appear on the Go! page for certain Points of Interest.
alanw47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Software Update Available Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Didn't fix my problem, MyDashboard still tells me that a software update is available but Web Updater tells me it's up to date, so I'll just trust that in future. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ... that's what most folks do Smile
CDK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alanw47
Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem with my Garmin 1690 a while back.
In my case both Webupdater and Dashboard showed an update waiting and despite numorous update attempts the same file would show up as waiting to be downloaded. In my case it was a "1690 Help" file.
Garmin support only sent me instructions for Webupdater which did not answer my question.

However using Windows Explorer, I looked through all the directories on the Garmin - though not sure what I was looking for... BUT I found that there was a "chkdsk" type error file in the "Help" directory on the 1690 which I thought was unusual.
I renamed this error file (adding a "x" to the end of the filename - did not delete, just in case), and then tried Webupdater and also Dashboard; the update went through on both - the next time I logged on there was no file waiting!

You can see my original post:
[/url]http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86660&highlight=

PLEASE NOTE: As usual, do not delete or rename any file on the Garmin unless you are absolutely certain, and/or are willing to bear the consequences; especially if it is still under guarantee (ie on your head be it) !

Regards
CDK
alanw47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Software Update Available Reply with quote

Thanks to you both for your suggestions, I eventually updated a couple of voice files via WebUpdater and the problem has gone away. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: