Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigation AND Speed Camera Alert!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigation AND Speed Camera Alert!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brw2011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Navigation AND Speed Camera Alert!? Reply with quote

All,

After recently reverting to the new Apple iPhone 4s, I have currently got NavFree UK Sat Nav (Free and from what I can tell, very handy at the moment).

However, I would like a navigation system with speed camera built in! Now I know NavFree offers this for £1.99, but not too sure how good the speed camera DB is etc.

With Speed Camera Alert from PocketGPSWorld, can you use this on top of an existing Navigation software? Or am I being confused here, and does Speed Camera Alert come with navigation built in!?!?

Thank you!
Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamerAlert will work in the background for any SatNav (or other) app you use. You will get audible alerts but there is no way for us to put 'icons' on the satnav app.

MaFt
brw2011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thank you very much for the response.

So what actually happens then when I run the Camera Alert App, then hit 'Home', then go into Sat Nav like normal? Will it not display in the Sat Nav app? I guess instead, it would open up the Camera Alert app, warn me, then go back to Sat Nav?

Have you guys not thought about running your own Sat Nav too!? Would be a very handy app indeed? Wink
brw2011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also MaFt - is there a timeout on the Camera Alert app? Only if I close it down and return to Sat Nav, I would hate for it to not run or 'timeout'??
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brw2011 wrote:
So what actually happens then when I run the Camera Alert App, then hit 'Home', then go into Sat Nav like normal? Will it not display in the Sat Nav app?

No.

brw2011 wrote:
I guess instead, it would open up the Camera Alert app, warn me, then go back to Sat Nav?

No, it will just play the audio. It doesn't bring the app to the foreground to do this.

brw2011 wrote:
Also MaFt - is there a timeout on the Camera Alert app? Only if I close it down and return to Sat Nav, I would hate for it to not run or 'timeout'??

If you are stationary for a while it will shut down. At the moment the timeout is 5 minutes, the version that has been sat with Apple for review for the last couple of weeks (seriously) has this increased to 10.

MaFt
brw2011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again MaFt - much appreciated there. Looking forward to using the app then.

A couple of other questions:

- When you say stationary for a while - how stationary does that have to be? I mean, for example, in traffic queues etc? 5 minutes doesnt seem a long time?

- Also, how often are the Databases updated? I know I've just purchased the app and got my free db, but in order to keep getting these I have to subscribe?

Thank again
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stationary meaning the averaged movement over 10 seconds is less than a metre.

The database is updated near real time, and released once a week. If you have a subscription you can pull it as often as you want.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: