Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator with Co-Pilot Jacket
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator with Co-Pilot Jacket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoodMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Destinator with Co-Pilot Jacket Reply with quote

Hi,

I have got Co-Pilot Jacket (the new one) is it possible to use PowerLOC Destinator with it?

When I try to use Destinator its keep coming up with no GPS

Help please.

With thanks

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Destinator with Co-Pilot Jacket Reply with quote

The new co-pilot jacket is actually manufactured by Emtac the same guys who make the Bluetooth GPS receiver.

It is possible to use the sleeve with destinator. Depending on which iPaq you are using the comport will differ, but I think I set mine to com5 4800 NMEA. I cant try it out for you as my iPaq is being repaired and I no longer have the sleeve.
TheGoodMan
Regular Visitor

Thanks,

I have try doing auto search where it checks all ports..keeps coming up with no GPS. I have Ipaq 3970.

Help Please

MJ
Quantum
Frequent Visitor

Actually the jacket system itself is made by Transplant. Gutz are by Emtac.

It is unfortunately not compatible with Destinator.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

And it's not compatible with most applications due to it's stealthing of the COM port. TomTom Navigator will work.
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by TheGoodMan on 18 February 2003

Hi,

I have got Co-Pilot Jacket (the new one) is it possible to use PowerLOC Destinator with it?

When I try to use Destinator its keep coming up with no GPS

Help please.

With thanks

Every single post you write says that co polit is the best and that no other program compare sot it, so I ask you WHY do you want to use destinator with your co polit jacket - please answer that.

I actually purchased a Co polit because of you and these are the problems I find:

1) The jacket by itself is very slow at getting a fix, just like the navman

2) The speech cracks up constantly - it is a very bad error in the software given that I have the best ipaq 3970 - you forgot to mention this mate

My conslusion is that Tomtom is the best and I think you realise that co polit is really still in its production stage and takes up way too much space on your memory card and has absolutely rubbish speech

johnmar
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am strongly contemplating buying CoPilot 3.5 to run on an iPAQ 3830.

Can I refer you to "Voice Prompts" posted on this forum on 27/01/2003 as there are a whole string of postings from CoPilot users having sound/speech problems on 3970's similar to your own.

This might be of use.

John
sconebum
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

Can you please explain stealthing of the COM port referred to above.

I have the new Co-Pilot sleeve and software, which is OK, but I still use my old 1.4 Navigator because it's just better, faster and easier to use.

However, I got a loan of Destinator 2.0.03 beta to try out, and cannot get the Destinator software to detect the Co-Pilot GPS sleeve. Any hints or advice?

Will version 2 of Navigator work with this sleeve, either?

Thanks,
Dave
Frequent Visitor

With GPS Receivers, they talk on a specific assigned COM port and baud rate, eg COM1 and NMEA 4800. The Emtac Sleeve I've tried scanning every COM port using NMEA baud rates and SiRF baud rates and haven't been able to get a connection. So it appears that the Emtac either broadcasts on a different COM port which you can't usually see, or a strange baudrate which you can't select. Either way it appears stealthed. Some applications work like TomTom Navigator and CoPilot, but other applications which don't know the internal settings will fail like WinFast Navigator, PowerLOC Destinator etc.

You won't get the sleeve to work with Destinator, it's a known problem and PowerLOC have posted this on their support page.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: