Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 70 vs In-car system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 70 vs In-car system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Navigon 70 vs In-car system Reply with quote

I have just completed an extensive trip across Spain and France in my new Audi with a built-in Navigator. I took along my Navigon 70 mostly as a back-up and to use the Michelin Restaurant and Hotel guide. I thought I would give some feedback to users here. Firstly and most important, do NOT neglect to take along paper maps and a good map reader, particularly if you plan to avoid the main highways. I know its been said before but its worth repeating as this was most valuable when both GPS units indicated different and opposite directions!

In general the Built-in Audi unit (I think they used the same maps and sometimes exactly the same voice instructions) was more accurate, particular in cities with many one-way streets. As usual the Michelin guide was several hundred meters off when pinpointing hotels or restaurants (but that was the problem on the beloved Via-Michelin GPS unit). In cities, I followed the Audi GPS system and never got lost but sometimes through my own fault I missed some complex turns.

The time of arrival on the Audi system was much more pessimistic than the Navigon but would gradually change closer to the destination to match the original Navigon time of arrival.

The biggest advantage of the Navigon is the ability to add services (like speed cameras etc) and obviously the maps are updated more often. I think the Audi only up date once a year.

Final conclusion - I will keep using both systems and paper maps!

Michael;
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Navigon 70 vs In-car system Reply with quote

michaelj2 wrote:
I thought I would give some feedback to users here.

It's always nice to get feedback - keep up the good work. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: