Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Iforad k2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Iforad k2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: New Iforad k2 Reply with quote

Hi I was looking to buy a stand alone camera detection unit and came across the Inforad K1. After looking at the info and specs on this unit and also reading about it on this forum I decided to have a look at the INFORAD site. It seems within the last 3 weeks they have brought out a new unit called the K2 with a volume control!. I also notice that it does a CSV (think thats what its called)? which means that it can log your journey and at the end of it put it through Google Earth to trace and see the journey you just went on (or to track some-one else and see where they went). I spoke to Inforad just now and the only difference between the K1 and K2 is the volume control, "but" its £10 dearer than the K1 which is £39.99 and the K2 is £49.99. has any_one bought this new unit yet? as i'm thinking of ordering one this week. I wont have to take my tomtom with me at times then with this small unit.

Derrick
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am about to change to a car with an in-built sat nav I am likely to use my TT540 a little less often (though I certainly won't be dumping it altogether due to the LIVE services)

However I decided to look for an alternative SCD and settled on the Inforad V4e with battery - currently selling for £29.99 on their site i.e. with a 50% discount.

Seems to be a little more sophisticated than the K1/2 but also comes with a 6hr battery which means no more trailing cables - haven't had a chance to test it yet but looks a better buy than the junior versions
Aidi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the K2 yesterday direct from Inforad. Should be here tomrrow sometime.

Once i have it and tried it out ill report back here what its like. I went for the K2 as i heard the volume on the K1 is at a level which can get a bit annoying. Being able to "tame" it a little is hopefully worth the extra £10

Rgds
Aidi
Green_ninja
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I don't always have the TomTom set up in the car I bought a Snooper S2 http://www.snooperuk.com/products/snooper_s2/index.html off ebay for £25 just to see what they are like. I have to say I've been very impressed, when running it alongside the TomTom the warnings always seem to agree and even though I bought it secondhand off ebay they have honoured the free life time updates.

Direct from them it's currently £44.99 with life time updates.

The clever bit is it uses different coloured lights, Red with a constant beeping if you are over the limit changing to blue with a much reduced volume when you are below the posted limit so you don't even need to take your eyes off the road and it only warns of cameras in the correct direction of travel. Oh and a volume control as well.

I can recommend it.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the K2 working out for those who've upgraded from the K1?

Specifically:

— what's the "real world" battery life like in comparison?

— is the memory capacity any greater (ie able to fit alerts for more countries on)?

— does the choice of volume settings make the occasional false alerts less irritating?
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone out there with a K2 can respond to the questions above. I'm particularly interested in the memory capacity of the K2, as I need a device that can cope with the Netherlands, Belgium and France loaded.
nathkrul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, I have just bought the inforad k2, the device itself is good but the camera detection rate is crap.

I posted in the the forum above this and will be getting intouch with inforad about the database.

Out of 5 cameras I pass only 4 were detected and the redlight camera it missed had been there for at least 3 years, current active mobile sites were not picked up at all, it may as well not have been switched on.

Colin
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K2 is currently on sale for just £29.99:

http://www.buyinforad.com/index.php?page_id=4&currency=gbp&lang=en&promo_id=uksale

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: