Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iphone will loose it's favourites and recent destinations
Dave2084
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently got TomTom (as Navmii doesn't work for me under iOS 4.3) and loaded up the camera warnings and all is well, except of course the icon issues with iPhone 4.

Anyway I was driving North on the M1 near Nottingham yesterday and I got a full size camera warning Icon displayed! But ... only while the lane guidance picture was displayed. As soon as it went back to the route view the icon went small again. I have screenshots I can post if anyone is interested.

I'm also curious to know if we could load custom map colour schemes using DiskAid?

Lastly I'd really like a cfg file to support pmobiles and alerts even when a route isn't planned if anyone can help?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave2084 wrote:
I got a full size camera warning Icon displayed! But ... only while the lane guidance picture was displayed. As soon as it went back to the route view the icon went small again. I have screenshots I can post if anyone is interested.

If you can post the screen shots in the thread it would be appreciated, I have seen this once or twice on my set up but didn't get time for a screen grab while at speed! If you can't get the images loaded to the web page e-mail me the pictures (the e-mail button under this post is active and working) and I will add them to your thread.

Not too sure about custom colour schemes as its not something I have tried (yet), you can certainly use DiskAid to install custom voice files which work.

Do you have access to a TomTom PND? if so you can use that to generate the custom mapsettings.cfg file you need, otherwise if/ when TomTom release the next update to the app I will be adding a new mapsettings.cfg file to the original post in this thread so I might make a couple of others to include pMobiles or warning active without a route set - Mike
Dave2084
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife does have an old TomTom one, but the maps are ancient and I think it said somewhere that the .cfg file needed to be created with the same map version?

Here's the screenshot with the large image:

And shortly after with the smaller image again:

I also took this one, as well as the small image top left it seems to be trying to put a larger one on the road too:

I hope that helps!
BWanderers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Over my head, need help...! Reply with quote

The phrase 'plug & Play' leaves me in a sweat, (never EVER works for me Crying or Very sad ) so the instructions for getting my iphone 4 with the TomTom app to utilise the PWGPS data is proving to be simply beyond my skills.

Have now tried for the last 70 mins & am about to give up. Downloading, file renaming, adding 'things' I have never heard of before, is leaving me in a spin. Yes I know, anyone with 1/2 a mind capable of understanding & following these instructions WILL laugh at me, but I am lost.

Is there a simple way of achieving this. I read that bits of info on page 1 on this thread are now out of date, which just adds to the 'fog' hindering my/any progress.

I have tonight, downloaded the DiskAid programme, & I think I have the Zoned thingy downloaded, but can’t seem to find a way to change from BMP to PNG, & get lost completely when I try to find/make use of, the mapsetting cfg stuff….

Simple download in one place any one? Fool proof step by step by step up to date instructions anywhere? Otherwise I may as well give up on this one....

I only joined tonight, & yes this is my 1st post, but I can’t make head nor tale of this computer lark! Probs the wrong brain type, or just too late generation wise.

ALL help genuinely appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob C.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not comfortable with doing this, then save yourself a whole heap of trouble and buy our dedicated speed camera warning app, CamerAlert.
bazm60
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: no voice Reply with quote

can someone send me the no voice file for tom tom 1.6 iphone 4. thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: no voice Reply with quote

bazm60, I suggest that you remove your email as an anti spam precaution Sad , If someone has the stuff that you want, you can PM them your email Very Happy
Edit:-Thanks Mike

Last edited by M8TJT on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: no voice Reply with quote

bazm60 wrote:
can someone send me the no voice file for tom tom 1.6 iphone 4. thanks

Done

M8TJT wrote:
bazm60, I suggest that you remove your email as an anti spam precaution

Done

Cool

Mike
mannyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Mike for the earlier email pointer, I now have this all setup and working on my iPhone 4 with TT1.6 Western Europe. I also have the icon out of alignment problem in the top left but its a small price to pay and only a small glitch.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot we can do about the icons being slightly out of position, I have sent you a second e-mail containing an alternate set of icons which display better on the iPhone4 app IMHO - Mike
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannyo wrote:
I now have this all setup and working on my iPhone 4 with TT1.6 Western Europe. I also have the icon out of alignment problem in the top left but its a small price to pay and only a small glitch.

I too have this working brilliantly without problem thanks to this thread on my/our iPhone 4.

We do occasionally use the CamerAlert App for journeys where no route is planned just for the camera warnings but prefer the TomTom App for planned routes in unknown areas as we like to see on screen where the camera is located.
{I'm only the "navigator" as I don't personally drive but my other half prefers to "see" the cameras on the satnav, otherwise he's looking around and saying where's that when we hear the warnings, Laughing Out Loud. He's not even one that tends to even slip over the speed limit}

With this in mind I'm interested in the "alternate set of icons" that mikealder mentioned, please. Maybe a screen shot of what they look like as the current ones are not that great a problem.
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks for sending me the test icon files so quickly Mike.

iPhone currently on charge so will test them in a bit.
If you don't mind my asking in the meantime, exactly which png files do these replace? Is it just the original X2 icons?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternate icons are to replace the ones that show on the actual map not the x2 icons which flash up top left - They are slightly larger and therefore they are easier to see on the display - Mike
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The alternate icons are to replace the ones that show on the actual map not the x2 icons which flash up top left - They are slightly larger and therefore they are easier to see on the display - Mike

Cheers.
Just wondered due to the size {44x44} being the same as the ones in the corner confused me a little.

Many thanks again for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 13 of 42

Jump to: