Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Home Critical update 2.8.0.2146
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Home Critical update 2.8.0.2146
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkpanther
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what Guys?

Installed Tom Tom Home v2.8.1.2218 and all my problems have gone!

It looks as if TT have picked this issue up and corrected it in the latest version.

Happy Days.

Best regards,

Pinkpanther
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working just as well as usual here.... Laughing

After the automatic update to 2218 last night, I set it to update a Go940.

As usual, Home seemed to grab nearly 100% of processor CPU and presented a blank screen for extremely long periods if I ever clicked away to a different window then came back to Home.

It started by downloading gps quickfix, and Europe fuel prices and then went onto the speed cameras. It managed 20 countries , but PAINFULLY slowly (about 1/2 hour) and I eventually went to bed and left it running - it had got as far as cameras for Romania.

8 hours later it still seemed to be working, and was still apparently trying to download cameras for Romania (the blue progress bar still running from side to side) but the cursor was an hourglass, "abort" was ignored and according to MS Process Explorer, my PC memory usage had gone up to nearly 2GB (all I have).

Couldn't kill it at all, except in Task Manager (or equivalent).
RavyGravyDavy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why oh why do I do the updates, then look in the forums and find there is a problem...?

Plugged in my Go 940 tonight to update my maps and speed cameras. I was offered the 'critical update' to Home V2.8.1.2218 which I accepted.

Whilst this version seems to work ok with the updates (albeit slowly!) it has removed the option to deselect the Navcore upgrades. As I have stuck with V8.371 after all the aggravation with Live services when going to V9.058...

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=84557&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

....I dont want to update to V9.058 again. With Home V2.7 I could deselect it but do the map and camera updates, but now its gone to Home V2.8 I cant deselect it, its kind of greyed out, so effectively I cant do any updates anymore.

Apart from the obvious solution of rollback to 2.7, has anyone got any thoughts?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavyGravyDavy wrote:

Apart from the obvious solution of rollback to 2.7, has anyone got any thoughts?

I thought it was an obvious solution too...

In another forum topic I suggested rolling back to v2.7 and even provided a link to get it, but every time you run it, it AUTOMATICALLY updates back to v2.8.

So we're stuck with it! Evil or Very Mad

But there's already a topic running for Home 2.8.1.2218 here:
Home Version 2.8.1.2218 Released

....so can we please continue discussion about it over there?
Thanks!
RavyGravyDavy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, will do - saw the other thread after posting this one. Also just tried rolling back to 2.7 and you are absolutely right, in Win 7 it just asks to update, you say no, so it shuts down Home. Snookered.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: