Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Entry Level TMC unit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Entry Level TMC unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billytkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Entry Level TMC unit Reply with quote

Hi All,

Ive just bought a new car and have decided to once again go down the GPS route (I used to have a palm based unit)

Ive got up to £350 to spend and have seen that there are many units out there which will fit my budget - at the moment the dell off is looking good

However Ive seen the TMC stuff and very much like the look of it

What is the cheapest way to get this working?

If I bought the dell would it be likely I could upgrade it when TMC is more widely used - by changing the reciever?

any help you can give would be good

thanks

will
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Level TMC unit Reply with quote

billytkid wrote:
If I bought the dell would it be likely I could upgrade it when TMC is more widely used - by changing the reciever?
Both the software and the hardware have to support TMC - right now the only software solutions that support TMC normally come with the TMC hardware too (except Navigon, where you can upgrade the hardware at a later date) - as such, you need to budget for upgrading both when you want TMC support.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: