Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NaviExtra's - Clarion NP509 - Maps download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NaviExtra's - Clarion NP509 - Maps download

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cavturbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: NaviExtra's - Clarion NP509 - Maps download Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I really hope someone can help me.

Before Xmas I purchased a Clarion indash touchscreen Head unit and a clarion plug in sat nav unit (NP509) it runs NaviExtra's software. Unbeknown to me becuase I purchased a unit from the states (to save £200) it won't allow me to download the Europe Maps.

Does anyone know how or where I can get the maps from to get the unit working, as at the moment I just have a red arrow in the middle of a green screen. Sad

The Naviextra's software does not recognise the SD card in my machine as having data from the sat nav device for me to be able to purchase anything.

Thanks
Andy
cavturbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only think I'm missing a file on the SD card to allow it to login and then let me download the maps. Can anyone let me know what files I should have on the SD card?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that you would need to contact Clarion or NNG (formerly Nav N Go) directly.

MaFt
cavturbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted Clarion and NaviExtras. NaviExtra's have said they have had the update software working, and have sent it over to Clarion for their approval. That was 2 months ago. All I get from NaviExtra's is that they have had no reply from Clarion and they don't know when or if they will ever get a responce. Hence me now trying to get help from anyone else that might have an idea. If I can just get a set of maps loaded, even if they are a old set it at least means I can use the sat nav. At the moment it's just useless.

Here's the link on the NaviExtra's forum

https://clarion.naviextras.com/shop/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=3610&lastpage=yes#44313

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: