Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the ogg files you want to use have the same file name as the ones in the download simply replace the ogg files in your map folder with the speed zoned file set of sounds that you want to use. Make sure the TomTom app is restarted on the iPhone and your new sounds will replace the old ones - Mike
marmitebcfc
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike The symbols are a lot clearer now Makes the Tomtom app the finished article now. Once again thank you for all your hard work.
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
As long as the ogg files you want to use have the same file name as the ones in the download simply replace the ogg files in your map folder with the speed zoned file set of sounds that you want to use. Make sure the TomTom app is restarted on the iPhone and your new sounds will replace the old ones - Mike

It's not so straightforward as that, Mike. I don't think there's any way to get the shortened super duper high quality sounds out of the PGPSW app.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I had assumed you wanted to use a different voice warning pack thats available from this site, if you want to use the warning sounds that accompany the CamerAlert app then I don't think thats viable - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice alerts from CamerAlert are not available standalone or in the .ogg format although we may look to do so at some later date.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, slightly confused and looking for some help/clarification. First off I'd like to acknowledge the good work done by staff here in finding a solution for us to have the pocket world cams on our iPhones. Let's face it, they are far more accurate than tom-toms own and I for one rely on that to keep those nasty fines at bay. So thank you boys Very Happy
Any who, down to business, I'm running ver 1.6 on the iPhone 4. Despite having loaded the latest png files ( I think) I'm still getting a small speed cam displayed top left of screen which is accompanied by a White shadow and a small speed cam icon on the road also with the white shadow / background.
I've noticed that the distance displayed text underneath the top left cam icon (which displays how far till cam is reached) is white in colour and therefore almost impossible to read.
Am I doing anything wrong? Do other ip4 users have the same issue?
Tia,
Peter
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, with an iPhone 4 the icons do appear as rather smaller than desirable, they are fine on the 3g and 3GS but the retina display of the newer gadget doesn't seem to handle the icons as well as perhaps it could (or should) do. I am still trying various icon sizes etc in an attempt to get a better solution, hopefully I can devote a little more time to this over the next week, rest assured if I do find a way to improve the iPhone4 support it will be posted in this thread - Mike
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew - what a lot of reading....
I've just put TT on my iPhone 4 so i shall be watching this thread for the update...
Well done PGPSW - great work.

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike for your reply. Does the distance to cam text displayed show in black on the 3G and 3GS or is it White/light coloured also as it is on the ip4 which makes it unreadable?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 3G/ 3GS it is still white coloured text but it sits straight over a small bit of black in the top left corner so its much easier to read, with the iPhone4 for some reason the distance to go numeric is away from the black bit and the text is much smaller making it harder to read - Mike
Franton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Works wonderfully with my iPhone 4 and tomtom 1.6!

Now i'm going to try and recover my John Cleese voice from my old tomtom backups and see if I can get that working Twisted Evil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-name the dataXX.chk file that comes with the JC voice to data10.chk and use DiskAid to put the file in to the "voices" folder on the iPhone in the TT app. It will ask about replacing an existing file simply answer Yes. To use the JC voice in the app start TomTom and go to where you select voices, choose "Marta" from Spain and it will be JC instead - Mike
Franton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the Thai voice (voice56.???) instead. Worked like a charm!

(btw, thanks for the email)
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Silly questions on all of this?? Reply with quote

Hi Mike (and all others),

Am new to all of this, so please bear with me.

I have an iPhone 4 and my wife has an IPhone 3GS. Both have the latest TomTom App (v1.6) downloaded on to it. I have, just now, followed Mike's advice on how to download the camera database (to my phone) and purchased a subscription to DiskAid(?) to undertake the necessary transfers to the phone. However:

(1) Re the instruction: "Download a new MapSettings.cfg file with the warnings configured for the database and copy it to the folder shown in the next screen capture". Is this the file that is contained the the OV2 download or some other file? If another file, where do i download it from?

(2) The instructions noted that i would need to alter the Home address on my IPhone 4 after the process is complete, but my phone doesn't seem to have required this. Has it worked?

(3) How do i know whether i have got the new files downloaded from this site on my phone (other than by going out to try it)?

(4) How do i differentiate the above from the ones that came with the App and do i really need to keep the TomTom ones on the phone?

(5) Is the CamerAlert an additional feature to download or is it an alternative to the speed camera database?

Apologies for the questions....but am nervous about all of this. However, once i get it right on my IPhone 4 i can then do this on my wife's 3GS.

Thanks in advance.

Samir
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Silly questions on all of this?? Reply with quote

sschandoo wrote:
(1) Re the instruction: "Download a new MapSettings.cfg file with the warnings configured for the database and copy it to the folder shown in the next screen capture". Is this the file that is contained the the OV2 download or some other file? If another file, where do i download it from?

All the files necessary are provided in the download linked in the opening post. Please re-read the install guide, it is all explained.
Quote:
(5) Is the CamerAlert an additional feature to download or is it an alternative to the speed camera database?

CamerAlert is our standalone SpeedCam warning app. It is our preferred method but for those who wanted integrated warning sin TomTom, this is here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 6 of 42

Jump to: