Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom XL Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom XL Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypnotiser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom XL Live Reply with quote

Hi all,
yesterday I bought a TT XL Live from Halfords which worked fine out of the box but after I updated it from TT home it stopped working properly. It would constantly re calculate the route, turn it's self off for no apparent reason and several of the "buttons" became really unresponsive. I updated the Map, operating system, fuel prices and Map Share corrections. I returned it to Halfords who exchanged it with fuss but now I'm reluctant to update the new unit incase this one stops working too. Any help and advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.
Hypnotiser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, can someone please tell me how to do this or point me to the right place on here to find instructions. As you can probably tell I'm a computer Whiz kid Smile
Hypnotiser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found how to make a Back up in FAQ section. Going to do that now. Is there anything else I need to be aware of.

Thaks-Jon
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tip is update the application first, then do the maps etc.

Use a new email account for this device, not the one you used with the last device.

Also, HOME will have previously downloaded the application, fuel prices, mapshare info, maps, speed cams and quickgps fix already so may not offer them to you again with this device. Before you connect to HOME for the first time, open HOME, go to manage my device, items on computer and delete everything apart from the maps. Hopefully HOME will be clever enough to realise you already have downloaded the maps and not make you wait ages for them to downlaod again.

Also, the XL LIVE (or mine anyway) seems very sensitive to being disconnected from the computer prematurely and corrupts the file system. Always eject from within HOME and let the device fully reboot before disconnecting the USB cable.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

Also, the XL LIVE (or mine anyway) seems very sensitive to being disconnected from the computer prematurely and corrupts the file system. Always eject from within HOME and let the device fully reboot before disconnecting the USB cable.

Wise words. Iam sure that will cure a lot of problems that come up with updating the software and maps.
Hypnotiser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,

I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully all will be well.

Cheers

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: