Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost Map Share
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Map Share
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Lost Map Share Reply with quote

Hi I have (finally) updated the Europe &CE (Russia & Turkey) to v.855. All seems to be working fine except that I have lost Map Share. I am not offered any Map Share updates on Home and where it used to say xxxx updates there is nothing. My Go 750 is set to receive updates.

I note from other threads, that some of you have been having problems also but with messages like “Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. Unfortunately, Map Share map corrections are temporarily unavailable." However, as I said, in my case Map Share seems to have disappeared altogether.

Before I get sucked into the maze that is TT support, has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it resolved?
All help gratefully received and thanks in anticipation

Kevin

Last edited by KJR on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, they are 'mapshares', not 'mapsures'.

In any event, although you may not be seeing that faulty error that most of us are seeing after an upgrade to 855 maps, the lack of mapshares being offered to you may be part of the same issue.......
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the latest version of Home I am not offered mapshare updates and only after downloading any other update, I then get a box saying my map is out of date and corrections are temporarily unavailable. This box does not appear before doing an update with Home.

Do you not have the Map Share Options under the Tools menu in the top left?
KJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

Thanks, I have corrected myself and my first post!!

Mr T, also thanks but I don't get offered the update and I get nothing about out of date maps. It’s as if Map Share does not exist and its all a figment of my imagination Confused . I am not at my home computer at the moment but I will check the tools menu once I’m home.

Kevin
nibor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT responce

Dear Mr X,

The reference number for your query is 100904-000300.
Thank you for contacting Tomtom Customer Care in regards to updating your device with the map share.

If you are getting the message in HOME : ‘your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available’ it is because Map Share is disabled after installing some of the new maps due to the fact that no corrections are yet available for some new maps.

I hope above has clarified your query.

With Kind Regards
Judit
The TomTom Customer Care Team

Should you wish to reply to this e-mail, please go to the TomTom website and log in. Once logged in, click on the support button at the top of the website, and then under support links on the right hand side you will see the link to My Questions. Click on the subject heading to view and update your question, you will also find the option to attach files here and to download any that the TomTom Customer Care team may have sent you.
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No corrections available...

I'm sure there's PLENTY of us that have submitted corrections.....
Mad
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5138
Map : "Europe_North" v 900.4602
KJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr T
I don’t have a Map Share item in the Tools menu. The manual says it is activated by turning it on the 750 (which I did originally and have checked is still so) and Home will do the rest.

Nibor, thanks for posting TT’s reply to yourself, all we can do is wait and see if the reply is correct. As Stampy72 says there must be plenty of updates already. I had over 3000 showing before the update.

Thanks all for your help.

Kevin
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's common for there to be no updates for a week or so after a map update. This has happened for every map update I've had.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its never happened with any of mine there has always been quite a few updates immediately after installing the new map, and I only have UK & ROI.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam now being offered "4 free mapshare corrections waiting". Update and still the same message.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Just keeps looping back to the same message.

Ah, don't you just love being a beta tester!!!
crypticx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YE SAME THING IS HAPPENING HERE ANYBODY GOT AN UPDATE YET????
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded some Map Share updates this morning, first time since the 855 maps.

Spoke to soon, even though it has downloaded the map corrections (several times) it is still telling me there are 5 W&CE map corrections waiting and my map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. For the 530 it is telling me there is 1 UK&ROI map correction and 20 weeks.

The reason for this is that there a 5 W&CE and 1 UK & ROI map corrections and they are in the medium trust level and mine is set to strict.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much the same here.

TT do seem to enjoy constantly shooting themselves in the foot and in public as well for all to see.

I only have the UK & ROI map on my 510 and I am now told that despite me not having updated my maps for more than 20 weeks there is one free map share update for me.

So I downloaded it and successfully installed it, or thats what Home told me, then I did it again and again and again and again and again. Perhaps thats what actually happens when we pay lots of money for map updates? They just pretend to do it, knowing that because nothing really changes anyway the public will never really know.

It makes a mockery of reliability, if they cant manage a simple process like updating maps and then adding new map share data to them by now, with at least 2 years of experience behind them in how to do it, perhaps its time they gave up.

Whats the best Garmin to buy as a replacement for my 510 and 520 with the same features as the 520 and a battery that lasts like the 510?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home is downloading the 1 map correction but it is not being used as you have set your map share preferences not to use medium or lower trust map corrections. As this is the only correction available, you have none in use which is why the message is still there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: