Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Alert on a second device
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Alert on a second device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Camera Alert on a second device Reply with quote

I am running Camera Alert on an iPhone 4. How would I run it on a second device, an iPad? Is there a possibility of an iPad version?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The licensing states that you can only use your account on one iPhone device, in this context it includes the iPod Touch and iPad.

The app does already work on the iPad and you can try it out for yourself but you can only have your subscription linked to one device.

We are currently working hard on getting the iOS4 version of the app out, and this is focusing on getting the iPhone App right. We have some ideas already for what we are going to do for version 2 and this may include iPad functionality if enough users want it. But bearing in mind the (relative) popularity of the iPhone and ease of mounting it is likely we will concentrate our efforts in that direction.

Of course if there is enough support for a native iPad version then we will be swayed...
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPAD version ..............please, please, please,........... though IPhone app works OK, except sometimes it loses the map ie if you go over a bump it trys to change orinetation but it reverts quickly but doesn't always redraw all the screen, you then need to go to home and reload.

I use the IPAD for in car use and have cameraleret on all the time, except when Navigon is running, I can't imagine the small screen Iphone is nearly as usable, though it may be my age.
AlHos
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Transferring CamerAlert Reply with quote

Does this mean then that if I uninstall it from my wife's iPhone I can then install it on my iPhone? Cheers, Alan
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Transferring CamerAlert Reply with quote

AlHos wrote:
Does this mean then that if I uninstall it from my wife's iPhone I can then install it on my iPhone? Cheers, Alan

Yes sir, but you will need to submit a support ticket giving us the UDID of the replacement device so we can manually change the set up at our end.

MaFt
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue as the OP, I would really like to run Cameralert on 2 devices simultaneously. The reason is not that I want a specific iPad version, but in the absence of multitasking I can achieve the same end goal with multiple devices (an expensive way of achieving multitasking :-)). I would be happy to pay a discounted fee (say half) for the second copy - but then of course you could always give me the much heralded multitasking - yes,yes,yes I know you want to get it right first ....
In actual practice I am making no use at all of Cameralert because every time I switch it on within a few minutes I have had some reason to switch to another task.

Removed duplicate post - Mostdom
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience patience patience! Multitasking will be in the next update!
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Actually, I've just sent a support request to move my registration to my iPad. So please take your time Smile
Strawbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
will this next update be a freebie to those already subscribed to the service?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: