Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hin3K wrote:
I would like to add to my speed camera POIs nice voice message.

Something like
"Warning. Speed camera ahead. Do not go faster than 20.

See THIS PAGE

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DennisN. I know about them. I used to have one of those warnings but now when I have a computer voice I would like to have my own alerts. Something like "Do not f*ck with the law, slow down to 50". And I would like to have the same sentence for every speed camera warning. the only thing to change will be the speed value at the end.

I will describe step after step what I want to do.

Manage POIs -- Warn when near POI -- then I click on first POI, gatso 20 -- Remove warning? NO -- 400yards -- Type in your own warning

And then I type "Warning. Speed camera ahead. Don't go faster than 20." OK

And then for every other POI TT wants me to type sentence from the beginning. I want TT to remember this sentence so I will have to change only the last value to 30, 50 60 etc.

If this is not possible can I do it on the computer using copy-paste or maybe there is some miracle plug-in to help me.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I fully understand what you are trying/ wanting to do but there is no cut-n-paste on a TomTom and its not possible to edit the file that contains your speed camera text to speech warnings - The only way to set up what you want is to do it the hard way entering each text string in to the device one at a time - For a full set of warnings set up this way set aside at least 45 minutes.
Once you have completed this task use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the device, open the current map folder (Western_Europe or UK&ROI) locate the MapSettings.cfg file and copy it to your PC, if the warnings ever get messed up simply copy this file back to your active map folder - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or rename all of the ov2 and bmp files to what you want the warning to be.

It will take a bit of trial and error though to get it right.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Audacity would help? I seem to recall I edited sounds with that, so you could create and save one file which says "Warning, Speed camera or whatever I want to say", then open it and add "30mph" save as..., open it again, add "40mph" save as etc, etc?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
parsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Gone with 9.053 Reply with quote

Updated to 9.053 on my One Xl IQ Routes this weekend and the ttntool.sh file in ttntools prevents the device from booting. Renaming it allows the device to boot but no sign of poor Kate.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will not work with 9.053

And before anyone asks, I am not doing a version for 9.053. There is a possibility that it is in breach of the licensing for Loquendo.

After much trial and error I have come to the conclusion that it is best not to use TTS on the devices with 266Mhz (ONE and XL) processors as they just can't handle it with the latest Navcores. My XL LIVE IQ can only just plan a route in a sensible amount of time if you have the fuel prices and TT Safety Alerts installed - it takes for ever trying to calculate the cheapest fuel and how many speed cameras are on route. This is so bad on long routes that I have uninstalled the fuel price info and the TT Safety Alerts (even though they were disabled they were still on the device). TTS just makes the device even slower.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: